1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

I live in Canada is there anyway to get the Atrix without a contract for me yet?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darklide, Feb 15, 2011.

1. darklide

darklide Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 19, 2010
    I live in Canada is there anyway to get the Atrix without a contract for me yet?

Advertisement

2. kenio8185

kenio8185 Member
    None

Oct 15, 2010
    Bell will be getting the phone on March 17. You can buy it from them then unlock it.

Here, you can even win one from them:
    Motorola Atrix, only from Bell

Another option would be for you to import one from America. According to this site:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_atrix_4g-3708.php

It uses the same frequency as Bell, Telus, and Rogers. I don't know if it will work with WIND or Mobilicity, but the big 3 should be fine.

3. bfksc

bfksc Android Expert
    None

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    There is no contest info on that page. I read that Motorola and Bell are giving away 5 phones, but there is no info about it there and none on Facebook yet. Perhaps the info will be available when the contest starts Feb 22 or next week.
    That would be too costly...paying US price, then customs fees, and duty taxes, plus HST on top. Best to just wait for Bell to release it and get one in your hands immediately and return it if it's defective or you don't like it (MotoBlur may not be to your liking).
    No it won't work on Wind since they use the AWS 1700MHz band. It will work on Mobilicity if you're within their coverage zone, but their coverage is limited to a few metropolitan areas. If you're outside their zones, you pay extra. It won't work on Public Mobile either since they use CDMA technology instead of GSM/HSPA.