• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I locked myself out of my own tablet

Dear Sir,

I have used Application Protection on my new Android Froyo 2.2 (Wintec Identity Filemate) tablet for the past week (since I received it). I used it to secure Google Play and Settings (among others). Yesterday I could not unlock any protected application. My pass code is only 8 numbers. I entered each one carefully, numerous times, with no success.

Can you please help me with a workaround? Is there a way of uninstalling Application Protection so that I may regain control of my tablet?

Is there a way of going back to factory settings WITHOUT having to go to Settings (since I'm locked out of that)?

I'm curious, if the app was installed through the Play store, couldn't it possibly be uninstalled through the on-line play store site? If you browse to the installed apps on a particular device, there is an icon (for non-system apps) that uninstalls the app.

Might be something to try. You will have to be able to log into the Google account associated with the device...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones