• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I love Swype, but....

swype is being really buggy on mine. It'll enter gibberish even when i click 'back' to delete, give the "cannot process' beepy error a lot.

In addition to voice-to-text, it needs arrows like the stock keyboard. Without a trackball, I can't place the cursor where I want to because the touch sensor on the screen absolutely fails me (tapping one place and the cursor gets placed an inch away)

Upvote 0
On the Swype keyboard, drag from the bottom leftmost key (the one with the circled-i on it) to the sym key. You will be pleasantly surprised. You might find the tutorial handy, there are lots of bells and whistles in Swype that aren't immediately obvious.

jd

Thanks for that tip... this makes Swype even that much cooler!

Lol, i love blowing people's minds when i swype my entire email address and it comes up, it looks like witchcraft.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones