1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I love the specs, I hate the theme

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Draknof, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Draknof

Draknof Lurker

Hello every body.

I'd like to buy the optimus 2x since it's the first dual core android phone, but I really can't stand seing all these flashy colors on the notification bar, icons, background color, calendar ugly colors ...

Before risking myself to buy this phone, I wanted to know hows easy is it to totally change the theme ?
    I'm used to Linux (gnome & KDE) and it's very easy to change icons, colors, cursor... Is it the same for android phones ?

1) For example is it possible to apply a theme from this website :
    GDE - Bokeh Theme - Android Themes, Android Mobile Wallpapers,Apps,Games Free Download

2) If not, is it possible to change the icons without having to flash and remove the warranty ?

Thank you

Advertisement

2. qwer

qwer Member

I don't think you can change the notification bar without rooting (which would void your warranty) but everything else is very easily changed. You can probably find a calendar app that satisfies you and changing the wallpaper is the easiest thing in the world. I'm not sure if you can change the icons without installing a third party launcher, but a lot of people want to do this anyway. My choice is Launcher Pro, but there are a lot of options to choose from.

The beauty of Android is that pretty much everything is changeable.

Draknof likes this.
  3. Draknof

Draknof Lurker

Launcher pro look nice indeed.

Open source brings a lot of liberties, too bad manufacturers restrain them.
    So task bar, icons, keyboard, launcher can be changed changed without rooting ?

4. aMpeX

aMpeX Member

I don't know where you're from but maybe you should take a look at T-Mobile USA's G2X which is basically a Optimus 2X with less skinning on top of android.

5. Draknof

Draknof Lurker

I'm currently in France, so that won't be an option.

Thanks for the tip anyway

LG Optimus 2X Forum

The LG Optimus 2X release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1500mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews