• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories I Love The Verizon Silicone Case Its Perfect

I purchased the black/red gradient snap on case Tuesday. I returned that today, it just wouldn't snap completely shut on the sides. I got the bodyglove and tried it out, the bottom right corner does not stay shut (with or without the phone). Not having any luck on the two piece cases.

Ordered the black silicone case, picking that up Tuesday and returning the bodyglove. Nice seeing the positive things said in this thread about this case! A question: is the case as glossy/shiny as the website makes it out to be?

Upvote 0
I returned a two piece case for the silicone one.

I really wanted to the black one but they only had the red. I love the way it fits and how easy it is to use the buttons. The other case made it hard to hit the buttons.

My plan is to get the Seidio Innocase II for my Incredible when it is available but now I'm thinking I just might keep this one.

I really want a dock. If Seidio comes out with a dock/case combo I might go for it but so far I really like this case.

Upvote 0
I got the black one today. It's not bad but I am very tempted to cut out the buttons for the volume control that are built into the case!! (anyone else have that desire?) Seems like the "volume down" button is now prone to sticking with this case on.

I also got a Zagg shield for it so I need to let that dry for another day before putting the case back on.

Be careful the case lifted the Zagg on two corners on mine. Let me know what happens when you install yours. I took a tooth pick and flattened it back out under the corners. Its funny because on my IPhone I had to chisel the Zagg off of it. I think the Inc might have some sort of coating on the glass that the Zagg doesn't like.

Upvote 0
I really like this silicone case, but I also have been thinking about cutting out the area for the volume buttons. In my case, it's the volume up button that seems to be getting accidentally pressed. Whoever cuts them out first, should post pics of the before and after.

Also, let me know how you like your Zagg shield. I have one on order, but now that I am used to the slickness of the bare screen, I don't know if I will like it with something on it.

I cut the volume piece out of the case. It is much better..plus the buttons are deeper now and never get accidentally pushed. I highly recommend it.

I used a regular razor blade. Cut it on the inside of the case.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
2010-05-02%2000.38.34.jpg

2010-05-02%2000.35.55.jpg

2010-05-02%2000.36.10.jpg

2010-05-02%2000.35.33.jpg

2010-05-02%2000.37.13.jpg

2010-05-02%2000.39.22.jpg

Upvote 0
Ohhh nice pictures

thanks. i took them with my Moto Droid. i'm sure my Droid is sad that he has been replaced. so sad :(

To me it looks like it keeps it from hitting, but by less than 0.5mm. It is really, really close, nearly flush.

yea, it's either flush or just barely protected by the silicon case. i put a small piece of clear scotch tape over the plastic lens to give it a little scratch resistance. isn't even noticeable and doesn't seem to have had any affect on the photo's it takes.

Upvote 0
thanks. i took them with my Moto Droid. i'm sure my Droid is sad that he has been replaced. so sad :(

yea, it's either flush or just barely protected by the silicon case. i put a small piece of clear scotch tape over the plastic lens to give it a little scratch resistance. isn't even noticeable and doesn't seem to have had any affect on the photo's is takes.

Yea my BB Stormie isn't very happy with me right now either...:(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones