• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I made the switch...and feel guilty.

deathratlehead

Android Enthusiast
Dec 3, 2009
I pre-ordered an iPhone 4S today. I've been an android fanboy since the OG Droid, but I just want to try something different. Who knows, I may be back here faster than you think, but I want to thank everyone in this forum who has been helpful to me throughout my various phone issues.

Now, time to sell my X with all those accessories I purchased.

My opinion is that life is short. If you dig gadgets, try out different ones.

Exactly. I've looked into Apple's products and played with a friend's iPhone a few times. Apple, Android and the others all have different strengths and weaknesses - find what best works for you. I personally prefer Android at this point, but its great to hear about other's experiences too.

Come back and let us know what you think about the 4S after you've had it for a while...

Upvote 0
I'm in the same situation. Came to android not to long ago, started with the DInc, then DX.(Had an iPhone 3GS before) Now I'm seriously debating on getting the 4S, especially sense I'll be able to get it for 25$~(upgrades and trade-in). :p

My main reason for loving android, is the customizability, but realized not long ago, I haven't worked on anything on my DX in over 6 months. :(

If I do switch, I'll still have my NookColor with CM7 on it to mess with. lol

Upvote 0
dont feel guilty Im doing the same thing...kinda. Got my wife hooked on android by buying her an incredible off clist...shes been eligible for an upgrade and her battery is always dead when she comes home from work,,,,she refuses to swap out batteries...and she doesnt go to the app store...she doesnt tinnker...just hotmail\texting\facebook etc so I figured this was best... Ill get to tinker with hers mainly I want that camera...if its good. Im getting one too...plus itll help me help the wife with her questions...If I buy one too ill hate the screen size..but to never have my phone in a frozen occupied state when trying to unlock it, or answer a call, and all the other annoyances from having the OG droid and then a droidx. I love android, its been like a long friend, but all the devices are the same...everyone i set up i put the same home replacement on, until a new form of the OS im ready to try my nemesis for a little while, plus if i dont like it I can sell it on craigslist, turn a profit and buy whatever droid I want. ;-)

Upvote 0
Hi colchiro!

Dropping in to say that I also made the switch and got a Droid incredible 2 and I couldn't be happier

I haven't had a single issue

Not a single reset no dropped calls no over heating no connection issues

This phone is so fast and smooth and the battery life is incredible and the screen is 4 times sharper and more vibrant than my x ever was

Verizon put me through hell before getting it though
First they sent me another x which took 3 days not over night
Then they sent it under the wrong name so Fedex wouldn't release it
Ordered it Monday got it Friday lol sigh

So Ty everyone who helped me out on here a lot, if you guys are looking for a switch the incredible 2 is an amazing phone

Upvote 0
I upgraded from the Droid X to the Bionic the day it was released. The Droid X is a great machine. The Bionic is even better. The camera in the Droid X is pretty bad (at least mine is). The camera in the Bionic is better ... it seems that the camer App in the Bionic is the holdup and it needs tweaking or replacing.

4G LTE is IMNHO the future and only available in the Bionic.

There are software bugs with the Bionic and many should be addressed in the November update.

... Thom

(The Droid X is now one of my test machines ... it was Root-ed yesterday for the first time.)

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones