• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I may have messed up my phone

m1kkel

Lurker
Mar 16, 2012
Hey Guys.

Im not completely new to rooting, but im no geek.

I own a HTC Incredible S witch i have been trying to root. I have done the following:

Unlocked the bootloader
Installed cyangemod recovery image
After that, i chose to install a custom rom, and now whenever i turn the phone on, a white screen appears with the HTC logo. Thats it.

S is still on.
H Boot is in version 2.00.000 still.

What can i do from now, to get this shit working again?

THanks, and regards Mikkel

Hey Guys.

Im not completely new to rooting, but im no geek.

I own a HTC Incredible S witch i have been trying to root. I have done the following:

Unlocked the bootloader
Installed cyangemod recovery image
After that, i chose to install a custom rom, and now whenever i turn the phone on, a white screen appears with the HTC logo. Thats it.

S is still on.
H Boot is in version 2.00.000 still.

What can i do from now, to get this shit working again?

THanks, and regards Mikkel

With the Unlocked bootloader 2.00, after you flash the custom ROM, you need to manually flash the boot.img file that is in the custom ROM's zip file in FASTBOOT USB mode much like you did to install CWM recovery:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

Open the custom ROM's zip file and extract the boot.img file and copy it to the same directory where you run fastboot.exe from.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones