• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I may want the Note 4 - but I know at least one family member gunning for the M9.

if money wasnt an issue i would try for the m8,but the one sv from boost made me really favor htc,specially since i made a debloated rooted backup.for now it works for me,although the boost throttle cap is annoying.if i could find a way to totally swap the entire app storage with my samsung evo 32 gig card class 10 that would be epic lol thatd definitly give me a speedier everything.i did that for my lg f6 and noticed apps flying like mad downloading installing etc,but the f6 didnt have a hidden app storage partition so that swap was easy.i did see an old guide but unsure if its instructions for my variant,havent given it a try.

Upvote 0
I hope it is 64 gig and they keep the micro sd slot. So I can have 192 gigs (or 256 gig card +64 or 32) . I phone owners cant believe I have 160 gigs now. If the M9 I what I want it to be I will buy the google play edition. I would like to see water dust resistant and keep the IR sensor. I don’t like the power button being moved but oh well. I am glad to see the duo camera going even though I have no complaints about the quality of the pictures but i get that annoying message my finger is blocking the sensor.

Upvote 0
I hope it is 64 gig and they keep the micro sd slot. So I can have 192 gigs (or 256 gig card +64 or 32) . I phone owners cant believe I have 160 gigs now. If the M9 I what I want it to be I will buy the google play edition. I would like to see water dust resistant and keep the IR sensor. I don’t like the power button being moved but oh well. I am glad to see the duo camera going even though I have no complaints about the quality of the pictures but i get that annoying message my finger is blocking the sensor.

Since when is dust a problem for a phone? I think that's a gimmick unless you work in construction, ride dirt bikes, or are deployed to Iraq/Afghanistan. I've never had dust under any of the screens on my phone.

To me the power button placement doesn't matter. Not sure if they were able to make the M9 a bit smaller but the M8 had tap to wake/unlock. I use it all the time. To turn off my phone I use screen off/lock. Having the button on the side will help people who don't like to tap to wake/unlock or aren't savvy enough to download an app in order to turn the phone off from the screen.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones