1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I may want the Note 4 - but I know at least one family member gunning for the M9.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Phases, Dec 10, 2014.

1. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member

Kind of bummed. I was really hoping they would lose the black bar and give a fresh look to the front as a whole as well. Front looks like the M8 to me.
    Not a deal breaker for me, but hoping that's just a prototype.

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

I resisted the M8 because of the tall/black bar appearance. Caved because of the sound.

A day after using it, I stopped noticing it altogether.

3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

I dont notice the black bar at all

TheAtheistReverend likes this.
  4. dautley

dautley Android Expert

I never notice the black bar in actual use either, It looks worse looking at M8 pictures on the internet. Still it would be cool if they did away with it altogether. Anyway after seeing the leaks I still think I'm going to be perfectly happy skipping the M9 and keeping my M8 and unlimited data another year.

NightAngel79 likes this.
  5. frosthax1

frosthax1 Android Enthusiast

if money wasnt an issue i would try for the m8,but the one sv from boost made me really favor htc,specially since i made a debloated rooted backup.for now it works for me,although the boost throttle cap is annoying.if i could find a way to totally swap the entire app storage with my samsung evo 32 gig card class 10 that would be epic lol thatd definitly give me a speedier everything.i did that for my lg f6 and noticed apps flying like mad downloading installing etc,but the f6 didnt have a hidden app storage partition so that swap was easy.i did see an old guide but unsure if its instructions for my variant,havent given it a try.

6. ChadWilliam1

ChadWilliam1 Well-Known Member

I hope it is 64 gig and they keep the micro sd slot. So I can have 192 gigs (or 256 gig card +64 or 32) . I phone owners cant believe I have 160 gigs now. If the M9 I what I want it to be I will buy the google play edition. I would like to see water dust resistant and keep the IR sensor. I don’t like the power button being moved but oh well. I am glad to see the duo camera going even though I have no complaints about the quality of the pictures but i get that annoying message my finger is blocking the sensor.

7. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

I'm in the market for the GPE edition as well, but I fear that the program may have ended because they apparently pulled the M8 GPE before the M9 is even out. If it turns out there isn't a GPE version, I'm not sure which phone I want to upgrade to.[emoji53]

8. Tlicious1020

Tlicious1020 Android Enthusiast

Since when is dust a problem for a phone? I think that's a gimmick unless you work in construction, ride dirt bikes, or are deployed to Iraq/Afghanistan. I've never had dust under any of the screens on my phone.

To me the power button placement doesn't matter. Not sure if they were able to make the M9 a bit smaller but the M8 had tap to wake/unlock. I use it all the time. To turn off my phone I use screen off/lock. Having the button on the side will help people who don't like to tap to wake/unlock or aren't savvy enough to download an app in order to turn the phone off from the screen.

NightAngel79 likes this.
  9. ChadWilliam1

ChadWilliam1 Well-Known Member

I use gravity so I don't even have a lock screen at all. Dust resistant comes with being water resistant now I have changed my mind I like like the open post of the m 8 a little flap there would be annoying.

10. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN

I'm not worried about dust. Just blow in the port kicking it old school. Anyone remember the NES :p

NightAngel79 likes this.

HTC One M9 Forum

The HTC One M9 release date was March 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 20MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 810 processor, and 2840mAh battery.

March 2015
Release Date
Reviews