• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help i messed it up!

I have not seen this particular issue address, and if it has please point me in the right direction.

So I look through these forums and realize that I don't have to keep all that stupid junk that came on my phone that just wastes my space... so Im like YAH!! Read about it and get the process down... or at least I thought... so I down load the towel root and the supersu and with all the rave I though hey what can go wrong... Im just going to delete the Google junk I don't want then unroot. Well after rooting I use the Supersu to delete the Google magazine, book, map, crome and other things like that. But I notice that those things I attempted to delete just went to the bottom of the list. I check in the setting under apps and they are still there. I think... well maybe if I restart my phone it will get rid of it. uh nope.... what was gone was the google play service and both the crome and metro web browser. the towel root app is gone to and in my frustration I deleted the supersu. Now I cant get the phone to enter any url... I can search in google but it tells me that the url can't be opened and that google play services need to be installed. I also ended up loosing my sdcard... just my luck. but reguardless I can still call and text.

So realizing I have screwed up I did more research but I haven't seen this problem happen to anyone else. I would like to know where I went wrong (besides not backing up anything, believe me that lesson has been learned!!) Also, I want to know if I can still make my phone take a custome rom and from the situation I have gotten into what would be the best way to get it onto my phone

I have not seen this particular issue address, and if it has please point me in the right direction.

So I look through these forums and realize that I don't have to keep all that stupid junk that came on my phone that just wastes my space... so Im like YAH!! Read about it and get the process down... or at least I thought... so I down load the towel root and the supersu and with all the rave I though hey what can go wrong... Im just going to delete the Google junk I don't want then unroot. Well after rooting I use the Supersu to delete the Google magazine, book, map, crome and other things like that. But I notice that those things I attempted to delete just went to the bottom of the list. I check in the setting under apps and they are still there. I think... well maybe if I restart my phone it will get rid of it. uh nope.... what was gone was the google play service and both the crome and metro web browser. the towel root app is gone to and in my frustration I deleted the supersu. Now I cant get the phone to enter any url... I can search in google but it tells me that the url can't be opened and that google play services need to be installed. I also ended up loosing my sdcard... just my luck. but reguardless I can still call and text.

So realizing I have screwed up I did more research but I haven't seen this problem happen to anyone else. I would like to know where I went wrong (besides not backing up anything, believe me that lesson has been learned!!) Also, I want to know if I can still make my phone take a custome rom and from the situation I have gotten into what would be the best way to get it onto my phone

Lol! Wow...you should have read more...first of all you deleted things that weren't meant to be deleted, second of all you never flashed Gt's kernel so expect bad stuff to happen. And thirdly no recovery installed...soo ugh I would advise to just recover and re add the ROM again and then start from scratch

Read this
http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=6409552

And this one to KDZ back to stock state
http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=6537086

Reactions: 1510126Gemini
Upvote 0
I can't get the computer to connect to my phone. apparent I erased a drive too. Still don't understand how. never tried to mess with the drives or the play services or browsers for that matter. but any way... can I get around this by downloading to a sd card and going into download mode?

Have you tried installing the necessary drivers for your phone?

Reactions: 1510126Gemini
Upvote 0
Alright, so I have a new sd card (lost the one that came with it), it's not formatted... does it need to be? If so I can't find that option on my phone. Also, I finally figured out how to get the towel root back on my phone, downloaded it to the pc (its a work computer so I can't install anything (like the app that connects it to my phone) but I can Bluetooth any files I need. (THANK GOD!) But I can't get the SuperSU to install. I have it downloaded but it won't extract to the sd card. I don't know if it matters or not but I couldn't get the file manager that comes with metro to open so I downloaded a new one and bluetoothed it. if I open the file "SDCARD" , which is on there even if the sdcard is not, it says that it has 4.00KB already used it has lots of folders already in it including one for supersu but nothing is in them when you open the folder. If I try to go into the Root or Firmware or Data it tells me I don't have permission to use these. Does this mean my phone isn't Rooted anymore and how do I proceed to fix this phone from here?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones