• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I messed something up...

CB1990

Lurker
Apr 14, 2012
I did the easy root that was provided and everything went smoothly. I downloaded rom manager and that went good too. I went to back it up and it ran a black screen with yellow words (I guess it was making a back up), now it will boot up and stay on for like 5 seconds then reboot, no service, mdn and min are wiped out and at all zeros. I really don't know what to do I need this phone. Can anyone help? Should I not do a hard reset because of CWM?

I FIXXXED IT!!!!!

This is what I did, in case someone needs to know:

1. I downloaded the LG Updater Tool

2. Forced the phone into download mode by taking the battery out holding Power Up and Power Down, putting the battery in and plugging it into the computer simultaneously

3. Ran the Updater Tool and got no S/W Version for the phone

4. I downloaded the update and installed it to the phone, took about 10 minutes

5. The phone flashed V9 back to the phone

6. I did a hard reset on the phone, turn the phone off, hold Vol Down and Power and it will ask you to reset, power twice to confirm.

It seems to be working flawlessly, all my programming came back and my phone is working again.

I hope I help people with the same issues!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones