• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I might divorce android =(

A little background sorry before I begin; my first ever touchscreen device was an iPod touch 4th gen which was replaced by an iPhone 4 a week later. I used it for about 1.5 years, sold it, and got my self an iPad mini on the launch day. I had the iPad for about a 3 weeks but I returned it due to it being very slow. At that time I started looking into android planning on getting Galaxy Note 10.1, but my friend told me about the nexus devices made by Google. In November of last year I got my self a brand new Nexus 10.

At first the experience was spectacular. But starting a week in, it started overheating, lagging out, and being UBER slow. I could not return it because my return period was over. Fortunately I got some of the problems fixed by using a normal wall paper and turning down other intense functions. But that didn't fix the lag. It would still sometimes freeze, stop working, or just shutoff randomly. Just today it shut down on me 3 times while I was browsing the web. I really wish I could love android but unfortunately I can't. I am really considering getting an iPad now.

So, any comments? Suggestions? Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Welcome to the forums, FlyingGiraffe!
Sorry to hear about your woes. :(
Could you give us a little more info on what you're doing with your Nexus 10? Do you have a lot of apps installed? Aside from it shutting down when you're in the browser, does it do it elsewhere?
Hopefully we can get you on the right track.
Also, I'm going to move this to the N10 forum so those more familiar with the device can help you out. :)

Upvote 0
A little background sorry before I begin; my first ever touchscreen device was an iPod touch 4th gen which was replaced by an iPhone 4 a week later. I used it for about 1.5 years, sold it, and got my self an iPad mini on the launch day. I had the iPad for about a 3 weeks but I returned it due to it being very slow. At that time I started looking into android planning on getting Galaxy Note 10.1, but my friend told me about the nexus devices made by Google. In November of last year I got my self a brand new Nexus 10.

At first the experience was spectacular. But starting a week in, it started overheating, lagging out, and being UBER slow. I could not return it because my return period was over. Fortunately I got some of the problems fixed by using a normal wall paper and turning down other intense functions. But that didn't fix the lag. It would still sometimes freeze, stop working, or just shutoff randomly. Just today it shut down on me 3 times while I was browsing the web. I really wish I could love android but unfortunately I can't. I am really considering getting an iPad now.

So, any comments? Suggestions? Maybe I am doing something wrong?

I hate to say this, but you might have to wipe the device. Back in February, my phone had an OS update. Right after the update, the phone was really lagging, sometimes taking up to 5 min to place a call. I had some application that was taking up too may resources. I don't know what application or why it was lagging after the update. All I know is after the wipe, it was working fine. Hope this helps.

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones