1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I miss "Smart Actions" app!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lwaltz, Nov 4, 2014.

1. lwaltz

lwaltz Newbie

I had my new Turbo for one day and already miss the Moto Smart Actions app :(. Anyone know a way to get it on the Turbo?
    I've looked Automate Lite, but it doesn't have multiple triggers (IF trigger1 AND trigger2 AND trigger3 are all true, then do an action).
    If there are other apps that are as good as Smart Actions, I would like to know what they are.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert

3. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

A lot of people also like AutomateIt and Condi.

As far as I know, Smartactions isn't happening on the Turbo. Motorola would have to create a version that works, and they didn't for last year's and this year's phones.

4. LizMac

LizMac Android Enthusiast

They do have Assist, which I use, but never liked as much as Smartactions. I've never tried Tasker though I hear it works well. For me, the main Assist feature I use most often (driving mode) works quite well.

5. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert

Tasker will definitely do it.

6. id_ray86

id_ray86 Newbie

When I came from my RAZR maxx HD to my droid maxx I cried when smart actions was missing.

KingOfTheAsylum likes this.
  7. Falamazar

Falamazar Lurker

I only got the Turbo yesterday, so I am still exploring its features.

Have you looked at the Moto app on the phone?

8. SheriD

SheriD Lurker

I loved Smart Actions. I only use it at night, but it allowed me to put in phone numbers that it would allow to call me. That's what I need and Automateit doesn't do that, anyone know what does?

9. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

The built in Moto Assist app allows that. You can set it to be silent between two specific time periods but optionally allow the phone to ring when a favorite contact calls, or also optionally when somebody calls you twice in a row. So, rather than enter a list of phone numbers, simply select "when a favorite calls" and then mark your favorite contacts in the "People" app (either by going in to the contact and tapping the star in the top, or slide over to the "favorites" area and it will list favorites at the top, and then below frequent contacts, and you can select the frequent contacts one a a time and hit the star at the top.)

See http://www.talkandroid.com/guides/m...setup-and-use-moto-assist-on-the-moto-x-2014/ (the 2014 Moto X and the Turbo do this the same way.)

whitehat and Thom like this.
  10. budfox66

budfox66 Well-Known Member

Agent is a easy to use app for setting up sleep modes, can setup multiple modes (weekday, wkend, etc.), and it will let you setup contacts that you want to allow to contact you in sleep mode.

Motorola Droid Turbo Forum

The Motorola Droid Turbo release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 21MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3900mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews