1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

I Missed You Soooo Much

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rezajune, Dec 18, 2011.

1. rezajune

rezajune Member
    None

Nov 2, 2009
    San Diego CA
    Been wanting the Galaxy Nexus for a long time now. Waiting anxiously for every update when it would be released. So over my Droid X - Rooted on Apex,

My Drod X its kinda slow versus latest phone..outdated....beaten up...not as sexy...screens are way better on latest phones now....etc..etc.

Yahhhhh...got my Galaxy Nexus two days ago...and...

Lets see here:
    1) My Droid X had way better battery life (3 hours versus 7-8 on DX)

2) Gnex was unusable at my house with no signal where as DX had full signal and never once dropped a call on me.

I am sorry my dear Droid X,... you are a workhorse and I run my entire company with it and I didn't really appreciate you till I got something way sexier with the latest technology and noticed that the new phone is super hot and sexy, but useless.

The minute I switched back to you Ms. Droid X, my life became much better. I could talk to everybody now and I am not sad anymore.

Never missed you so much till tried out something else that I thought was better than you. I promise never to under appreciate you again.

Love you:p

Advertisement

mruno likes this.
  2. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    Yeah, though not a premier device, I think it's still pretty solid. I'm hoping for a GNex soon, and really hope that my experience is better (if I land one).

3. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    Saw your other post. Kinda scaring me because 4G is spotty here.

4. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert
    None

Sep 23, 2010
    Motorola hardware wins again...

5. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    I will definitely be second guessing not getting a Razr or D4...

Lol

6. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    I really like the Droid X and still have it.

I upgraded to the Bionic (the day it was released) and had very few problems. I saw it as the natural growth path from the Droid X. Faster. Larger screen. No mechanical front buttons.

The Bionic had some startup issues. There are still some 4G network issues (I'm still in a 3G area).

The Razr and Gnex are "just not me".

Motorola voice quality will always win.

Like it was said ... I ran my business out of my Droid X and now I run it out of my Bionic.

... Thom

7. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    Geez, I though you were missing US. :D

GandalfTehGray likes this.
  8. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Android Expert
    None

May 17, 2010
    Edge of Insanity
    My DX currently sits perched on my desk hutch in it's cradle....waiting for a chance to get a few snaps in the big game like a back up quarterback. But alas my Galaxy Nexus is an undefeated Super quarterback that's throwing TD's like nobodies business.

9. GandalfTehGray

GandalfTehGray Android Expert
    None

Dec 19, 2010
    Texas
    Lol Droid x is in my phone Hall of Fame and isn't even retired yet. Its like watching Jason Witten :p
    I plan on giving it to my gf when it retires but when she gets a new phone the X is coming back home :)

10. WTF

WTF Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 11, 2010
    Mile High City
    Still using my Droid X (still going strong!), and yes I am waiting for something newer [and better?]...but I am not going to throw my X under the bus. It has been a great phone, despite its sporatic lagginess and quirks - overall its been much better than the Palm phones I had before.

Right now I am leaning towards something like the Droid 4 when it comes out - love the physical keyboard, that's just about the only thing I miss from my previous phones. But until then, my X will do just fine.

11. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    Mine will likely go to my father; he still rocks a palm pilot TX

12. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    I'm comforted by the fact that my X has a better radio than the much flashier (and faster) GSN. As much as I'd like to upgrade, it not possible at this time. It's a work horse and still better than most of the Android phones out there.

lennydude likes this.
  13. lennydude

lennydude Android Expert

May 19, 2010
    Male
    Derivative Trader - AIG "JK"
    Maine USA
    Got the Galaxy Nexus first day. Loved the phone but..........

1) Read in a thread that the Razor screen was better than the GN? Went to the VZW store and blue toothed a few pics. Sure enough, with MY eyes, the Razor screen was equal or better (for me at least)
    2) The much talked about volume issue. Used "volume+" app and it made it better but each app behaved differently..........music, text tones, ringer tones, etc.
    3) And the final straw................reception! I do not have 4G in my area yet. The 3G signal on the GN was very poor to non existant most of the time. I sit at my PC and have no connectivity............GRRRRRRRRRR. The deal breaker is they do not plan an update until March !!!!!!! Now before you go ahead and tell me the update should come out much earlier, please remember that I spent 2 long months hearing crap like this! NOT going to wait for anything that has to come out from VZW...........period.

Phone is all packaged up and going back tomorrow. I have re activated my X and have over 4 times the 3G reception sitting at my PC that i had with the Nexus during its best times.

Oh well..................think i will wait a couple of months and see what comes out. Until then my X rocks with the latest Vortex Rom...............will work well for the foreseeable future. :):):)

BTW.........this posted on twitter by a well known dev............

""Lots of nexus questions about signal strength..there are many variables, so new update will probably not fix it""

14. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    Another cell phone antenna fiasco? :D

15. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert
    None

Jun 15, 2010
    DX2 is pretty fast. Just sayin.

16. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Android Expert
    None

May 17, 2010
    Edge of Insanity
    Yes, but the screen is highly pixelated. I had one for 2 days and returned it.

17. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Let us hope not! :eek:

18. svensett

svensett Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Central Illinois
    No, just typical Samsung poor choice in radio hardware. Their choice for a cdma radio is horrible. I dealt with it in a Saga before the X, and have been watching the Gnex forum. Dissapointed,but not surprised by the poor reception.

Hopefully we'll see Motorola hardware for the next Google experience phone...

19. UrsusVIIILXXXVII

UrsusVIIILXXXVII Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 14, 2010
    + 1

20. apjans

apjans Member
    None

Dec 22, 2011
    +1

I know Google said they were going to let Motorola operate independently from the rest of Google after the purchase, but I'd love it if they just turned Motorola's future releases into a whole line of Google experience phones.

21. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    once the moto bootloaders arent encrypted then i will jump back on the superior build quality, but i do love my nexus now, it is a beast of a phone

to me, my rooted cm7 dx with adw ex, is just as fast as my rooted gnex, with no mods, i do believe my dx is slightly faster, however its rooted with all k inds of scripts in cm7, so when i decide to install a custom rom on my gnex, which may be tonight, then i will know for sure, which phone is superior.

22. vetvipe

vetvipe Member
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    Maryland
    I know exactly what the OP is feeling. I had the gnex for just under 19 hours before returning it. I live in a 4g area but the signal was spotty. USB connection was a nightmare on windows, linux and a Mac. That was before trying to sync music and pictures that wouldn't transfer. Also, It seemed like every 2 minutes I would lose a battery percentage. Overall I was really disappointed with the phone. It just seemed like it was going to be a struggle from the get go so I took it back. Dx is my work horse and has never failed me.

23. stereoeclectic

stereoeclectic Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 7, 2010
    Male
    molecular / microbiology
    most of what i've read about 4g points to extremely poor battery life.

that's a big part of why i'll be keeping the DX. at least until battery tech catches up. the extended battery in my DX is better than the battery in any phone i've ever had. only charge at night, and some days that's not even necessary.

24. nynvolt

nynvolt Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    SoCal
    If there is one thing the dx rocks the competition with, it is it's antenna. There is a black hole for signal at work where the dx could still get 3g. The rezound drops to 1x and my previous phones would lose signal completely. Also my dx has been banged around, dropped and accidentally took flight landing glass side down bounced and skittered to a stop still glass down. All four corners are banged up but screen was fine and it never missed a beat. So it really has been a good phone.

25. android.convert

android.convert Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 3, 2010
    Detroit, MI
    This, really love motorola hardware

Satires likes this.