1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support I need a complete replacement app for stock "Phone app"

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by mohsinmkg23, Apr 14, 2016.

1. mohsinmkg23

mohsinmkg23 Guest
    None
    I rooted my 4.4.2 recently and uninstalled stock android Phone app completely, I had downloaded a dialer app from Play store. I realised that that dialer app(and many others I would try later) just provide a cover over stock android phone. When someone calls me I only hear ringtone and no pop-up to accept or reject call. I am unable to find an app that have all capabilities of a stock phone app.

Please share with me any app that does this complete job.

P.S : I will be happy with stock Phone app if I can find its apk(which I am unable to)

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    The stock app varies between manufacturers and models, so we'd need more information.

However, reflashing the phone's software completely may be the simplest solution (again, depends on manufacturer how you do this).

You should of course never modify system software without taking a backup of the ROM first (i.e. back up using a custom recovery). If you stick to that principle then things like this are trivial to solve.

psionandy and Jfalls63 like this.
  3. badcatz

badcatz Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 12, 2010
    Male
    I wouldn't seeing some suggestions for a dialer replacement myself. I don't care for the Motorola dialer very much.

Tags: