1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root I need a little help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cooperkevin65, Jan 2, 2014.

1. cooperkevin65

cooperkevin65 Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2014
    Male
    Ga.
    First of all, I have an LG showtime that was rooted but using the stock rom. 4.0.3 I think. I rooted it and everything was fine until I deleted Google play books and google Movie apps. Never do that because it's linked to some DRM crap and now my phone is bricked and won't start up. :mad: The error message reads:Secure Booting Unsuccessful
    Cause: errorlogo
    What I think I need is a recovery rom (stock) and some info as to if I can install it from a SD card? Oh yeah, carrier:Straighttalk.
    Thanks in advance and Happy Friggin New Year!:)

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    1) MVNO Straight Talk. Carrier AT&T, TMobile, Sprint or Verizon. Different ROM for each.

2) The phone comes with recovery. That's volume up-home-power (usually, it may be different with LG) at the same time. "Recovery" doesn't "recover" bad ROMs or missing files. It's used to allow you to flash things. Usually the manufacturer's utility program (run on a Windows or Linux computer) is used to feed the firmware back into the phone in cases like yours. (I haven't worked on LG in years, so I don't know the names of whatever they have out there now, but I'm sure someone will be here to let you know.)

3. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Tread moved from Android Lounge to sub-forum where root-ed versions of this of this phone are discussed.

... Thom