1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

I need a phone that is easy to answer

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by walterbyrd, Jan 15, 2014.

1. walterbyrd

walterbyrd Member
    None

Dec 6, 2010
    I am using an old Motorola Bravo. Android 2.3 - I think.

I hate struggling to answer my phone. I hate missing calls while the phone is ringing in my hand. I hate it so much that I might go back to a flip-phone.

For example:

1) bright sunny day, I try to answer my phone. I cannot easilly tell which side is up. I cannot see the screen in the bright sunlight. I am crazilly swipping all over place. I don't know when I've unlocked the phone. Even if I did, I could not find the little green button to answer the phone.

2) I try to answer my phone. Some menu pops up right in my way. I am tapping, swipping, and doing everything else I can think to get rid of menu so I can answer call. By the time I get the menu out of the way, I have missed the call.

I miss the old days when I could just flip open the phone.

Are newer Androids any better?

I would really like a phone that I could answer with a voice command.

Advertisement

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven OK Google

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    Hi Walter,

Things have changed a lot since the Gingerbread (Android 2.3) days. I switched from 2.3 to ICS (4.0) when I got my GNex. One of the things I noticed is if I want to answer the phone, I simply swipe nearly anywhere (I can confirm anywhere on the bottom of the screen) from left to right to answer. Same swipe from right to left to ignore the call. The only time I look is when I use the option to send an automated text reply for ignored calls (swipe up).

3. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Which phone are you using and what version of the system are you using. There are MANY answers and they are dependent on what you have.

... Thom