1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I Need Good battery Rom Recomendation.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by max25002, Aug 20, 2012.

1. max25002

max25002 Android Expert

Alright Guys I Need A Good Battery Rom Can u Guys Give me Ur Opinions On What Roms ur using or which one has good battery Life Cuz High School just started Need a Good battery Life Rom :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

i get on average 2 days worth of life on my battery. its a 3000 mah battery from batterybay.net

3. ManlyParasite

ManlyParasite Android Enthusiast

Need a ROM? Go with #2. The speed kernel should be good, but you can also try blitz, plague and homeless to see which suits you better

4. max25002

max25002 Android Expert

am using 2.3 and my baterry blows its terrible

5. ManlyParasite

ManlyParasite Android Enthusiast

I'm using 2.3 and my battery is great. Lately I've been needing to charge it a lot but I've also been using it a lot lol

If you constantly use your phone there's not a whole lot we can do to help you

6. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

This, this and more of this.

People think they can just use their phone like a damn computer and it last all day. Wanna save battery? Put the damn thing down.

But if battery life isnt good with 2.3 and the stock speed kernel, then it's never going to be good until the habits get changed from the person using the phone .

7. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Extended battery is the only way you can improve the length of your battery if you are a heavy user.

8. Fuzzy13

That or get a portable battery backup that's as slim as a phone and has a huge storage. You can get an 10000mah on Ebay for 25 bucks.

No swapping batteries out, just plug it in

9. Trek950

Trek950 Well-Known Member

Battery life is a function of use, period. A custom ROM can help significantly if, you take the time to manage it for yourself. Otherwise...

I just replaced my esteem. When i rooted it, i made a backup!

Then i flashed the ROM of my choice. Immediately i deleted Facebook and maps apps. Both are constantly communicating, by definition they are using the 4g radios, and therefor the battery. Radio use Is the largest battery draw on your phone. Followed by screen on.

Then i installed my favorite widgets, a clock and a power widget. This allows me to turn of data when not in use, as well as a number of other things that use much smaller amounts of battery. Screen brightness, screen rotation, and i turn off haptic feedback altogether. I set all the refresh times i can to 24hrs. Then refresh when i want to know.

For me, this effectively doubles my battery life for both large and stock batteries.

I use my browser for most things like Facebook. Everyone uses their phone differently, you'll have to experiment for your self. I get 7-10 hours out of a stock battery, and 16-25 hours out of a cheap Chinese 3500. I also carry a couple of charged batteries with me at all times to swap out with. But i don't have have a desktop/internet connection at the moment. So i would consider my usage as high...

Hope there is something useful for you in there!

Have a great day!

10. Fuzzy13

You know as much as people use their phone for different things and run different apps, it seems like if you do the basics and the common sense steps for saving battery, then other phones should get roughly the same battery life.

Cause i do everything you just said but you prolly use your phone different than me but it looks as though our battery life is similar.

So, moral of the story? You can only save as much battery as your little fingers allow. Put the damn thing down if you wanna save battery. Lol

11. max25002

max25002 Android Expert

Am in school I bearly use the phone Wen i get home its by like 20% I only call my parents in inch time that's it no usage at all

12. Fuzzy13

Sounds like you've got issues that revolve outside the ROM then. For 3.5 hours i turned my screen on a few times to check the time and my battery was at 98. I took a screen of it. Lol. At the 2 hour and 45min Mark it was still full.

So you've got something going on with an app somewhere. So instead off looking for a ROM, you need to be looking at whatever you have installed on that thing.

13. max25002

max25002 Android Expert

and its my 2.3 #2 rom and it was like that But then wen i got #2 2.3 i flashed the battery.zip BAM! The battery frained even faster am install 2.4 And see

14. max25002

max25002 Android Expert

And also I downloaded 2.4 its not in zip format ???

15. Fuzzy13

Add .zip to the end of it.

16. dden4012

dden4012 Well-Known Member

Use airplane mode during school. Low signal can drain the battery. If there is WiFi just turn it on after airplane mode if needed.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews