1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root i need help asap!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by itstheshoes220, Feb 11, 2011.

1. itstheshoes220

so i rooted my evo a while ago and have flashed a couple roms..yesterday i flashed the warm twopointtwo rls 5 rom and its been working good the whole day, but i started playing music on phone in my car then added the setcpu setting for charging to make the processor faster because the song would freeze when a text would come in. after the phone froze and reset but now it wont fully turn on..it gets to the white htc evo 4g screen then stays on for 2 secs then shuts off then turns back on again..did i brick my phone? someone please help

Advertisement

2. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

First off, welcome to the forum :). No, you didn't brick your phone, you're stuck in a boot loop. What did you scale your phone up to when you changed your setting in SetCPU? If you scaled it too high your phone is likely to lock up and reboot.

3. frenchy714

Have you done a battery pull yet and rebooted? If so, does it start boot looping again? If it does I would recommend restoring a nandroid backup if you have one that's pretty recent. The only downside to that is that all the changes you've made after creating that backup won't exist, but at least you won't be caught in a boot loop.

4. itstheshoes220

yea i scaled it to the highest..and yea i did a battery pull and rebooted but it kept boot looping..i cant even get to the recovery nandroid screen cuz when it gets to the white htc evo screen it keeps boot looping

5. darkworld260

darkworld260 Well-Known Member

so you cant even get to bootloader? by holding down power and the volume down button without it rebooting?

6. frenchy714

I'm assuming you had "Set At Boot" in SetCPU checked when you scaled it to its' highest. For future reference, very few can scale higher than 1152 w/o the phone locking up. Start at 998 and scale up slowly from there.

Pull your battery, place battery back in, then press and hold the power button, while holding volume down. That will take you to hboot. Once their, wait a sec. (your phone will check for PC36IMG.zip) then, with your volume keys, navigate to recovery and press power to select. Do you know what to do once you're in recovery?

7. itstheshoes220

i can get to bootloader but when i choose recovery it just boot loops again..like going back to the white htc evo 4g screen shutting off then going back to the white screen again

8. frenchy714

So it's starts to boot loop when you choose recovery from your bootloader??? That's odd.

9. itstheshoes220

yeaup it boot loops when i choose recovery..ive been trying to read and find something to help fix it and i cant find anything

10. frenchy714

It sounds like you may have something messed up with your recovery (let's hope that's it). Here's a thread where you'll find the recovery version you were running before things got messed up. Try this first.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/259446-clockwork-amon-ra-pc36img-files.html

11. frenchy714

Here is a thread where people have experienced the EXACT same thing. If it's a different problem than what they had, then one of the answers provided in the thread will solve it. If it's the same, then probably not. This is a very uncommon occurrence and myself and a few other people I know would love to know what causes this so we can address it in the future.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-support-troubleshooting/267018-struck-boot-loop.html

Are you on an AOSP ROM by any chance?

12. itstheshoes220

i have no clue what an asop rom is..but i was running on warm twopointtwo rls 5 if that helps

13. itstheshoes220

does anyone have the original sprint PC36IMG zip file..my phone is stuck in a boot loop and one of my friends told me that might help..any help would be much appreciated

14. frenchy714

This should get you back to a bootable state:

[ROM] 01/26/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One - xda-developers

-Copy the PC36IMG.zip to the root of your SD Card
    -Power off your phone
    -While holding the VOLUME DOWN button, power on your phone into bootloader
    -The phone will scan for a PC36IMG.zip
    -Once prompted, install the update and reboot

Mods can you move this thread to the thread named http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/275908-i-need-help-asap.html

15. itstheshoes220

ok now im only stuck on the white evo 4g page..like its frozen..is that even worse? lol

16. frenchy714

Did you try what I suggested in the other thread you started???

17. itstheshoes220

18. frenchy714

19. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Before you flash that, can you tell us what you were doing before you got the bootloop? It might be easier to fix that flashing something quite so drastic (not that it's a bad idea; it would likely fix it). Were you running a custom ROM/kernel? Do you have any nandroid backups?

20. itstheshoes220

it keeps staying on the white evo screen..if i can just get to recovery ill be happy..but at least its not boot looping anymore lol

21. frenchy714

It sounds like you've followed the instructions from a very old thread. What hboot version do you have now? Also, I need you to go to hboot, select recovery, and verify that it's not working. You said you tried the PC36IMG.zip for Sprint Lovers, correct?

22. itstheshoes220

yea the recovery isnt working..but it says im on hbooy -2.02.0000..and i tried sprint lovers before this one..should i try it now you think?

23. itstheshoes220

i started playing music on phone in my car then added the setcpu setting for charging to make the processor faster because the song would freeze when a text would come in. after the phone started boot looping..but i was running warm twopointtwo rls 5 with Netarchy Toastmod 4.3.2 CFS more HAVS nosbc kerna..and i do have back ups but i cant get to the recovery screen

24. frenchy714

I don't know if you've read the entire thread he started earlier Akazabam, but he scaled his CPU to the max setting, which caused the phone to lock up and reboot.

25. itstheshoes220

yuppppp thats what pretty much happened to mine..was he able to fix his?

Tags: