1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I need help!! I cant boot into recovery!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by d_b0y_305, Jan 9, 2013.

?

why cant i boot into recovery?

Poll closed Feb 8, 2013.
  1. unroot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. need missing file

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. d_b0y_305

d_b0y_305 Lurker

I've been trying to flash a Rom on my HTC EVO 4G and I think I deleted a file from my SD card that I need to flash into recovery mode. I rooted my phone about a year and half ago and haven't done anything to it since so I'm a little rusty on this...but I'm pretty sure I need that file because remember reading not to delete that file...someone please help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. biker57

biker57 Android Enthusiast

You can always flash a new recovery and the current ones available will be a improvement over what you had a year and a half ago. I would suggest Smelkus….the link is below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1661543

Just curious....do you know what you deleted?

ocnbrze and Mikestony like this.
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Welcome to AF!!
    What happens when you try to boot into recovery?
    I don't think a file on the sd card would be the culprit with not being able to boot into recovery.
    Are you s-off or s-on?
    And not that I doubt you have the Evo 4g, (as some get confused with the Evo V 4g), can you post back what is says in your bootloader screen?

As biker said, Smelkus recovery is a very nice recovery and I believe depending on if you are s-off or s-on, the flashing process for the recovery might vary.
    That's another reason to see what the bootloader screen says.
    What rom are you on now?

ocnbrze likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews