1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I need help stat!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spart4n 029, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Spart4n 029

Spart4n 029 Newbie

Ok, so I messed up bad. I rooted my phone (Samsung Admire) and I was messing with the Titanium Backup app. I accidentally deleted my messaging application on the phone! Is there any way I can get it back?!?! Complete restore, hard reset, anything! I backed it up, that's how I managed to delete it I think. But when I try and restore it, my phone rebooted but nothing changes! Can I do anything to get it back?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Did you take a recovery backup (nandroid) before you started messing with system apps? I'm guessing not, but that's a tip for the future.

Reflashing the ROM should do it. Or you could try using Ti to clean up the dalvik cache and then restore the app (I've known this to help when replacing system apps, so while there are no guarantees there's also nothing to lose by trying it).

It's probably best if we move this to Admire ATR in case you need more device-specific advice.

3. aboatright

aboatright Android Expert

What rom?? I can make you a flashable zip but i need to know what rom you were using.

4. Spart4n 029

Spart4n 029 Newbie

Ok I'm gonna be honest. I have no idea what you're talking about. That little green icon with the Smiley face. The default messaging app. Idk if it makes a difference, but I'm on MetroPCS. Is there any way to like reset something or download something to get that back.?

5. SamsungAdmire

SamsungAdmire Android Expert

>I have no idea what you're talking about
    Should've read the forums more.

pressy4pie likes this.
  6. Damn. Starting to sound like me. :p

@OP: If you're using stock, it's going to be nigh impossible to get you what you need. At the very least, you need root. If you have root, then you can push the original stock apk via ADB. If you have CWM (ClockworkMod recovery) than somebody (either I or aboatright) could create a zip for you to flash with it. The fix depends on what situation you are currently in (not rooted, rooted without CWM, rooted with CWM).

7. Spart4n 029

Spart4n 029 Newbie

I am currently rooted without.

8. Grandfinalex

Grandfinalex Well-Known Member

Lmao. Samsung, you're greentexting on an Android forum, this makes me laugh.
    But anyway, at OP. I did something similar once, just find a 2.3.4 Messaging APK
    GIYF

9. SamsungAdmire

SamsungAdmire Android Expert

Hey there is some sort of reason why the lime text is there.
    Couldn't control it..

10. thomasmbl

thomasmbl Android Enthusiast

Ok I figured how to get into download mode n I downloaded the pre-rooted PDA file.I ran it through Odin it got all the way n stopped at system on 14 mins.so how can I make it work

11. pressy4pie

pressy4pie Android Enthusiast

just use requisite0's stock++ with his oc kernel. its much better than the stock crap

12. kevindroid

kevindroid Android Expert

download go sms for a replacement open app setting goto important tips (in red) aand check stock sms uninstalled if all else fails this works ive been there on another device

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews