• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I need help to identify the apps

NRZ

Lurker
Sep 1, 2019
Hi, please help me out.. sincere thanks.

I need help in identifying the status bar icons, which app it is from.

I took this screenshot right in front of the phone owner to capture what wasn’t on screen. Didn’t notice the bar icons until a few days later.

Please help me out on the 2 pictures below.

Picture 1 (3 icons)
1) Tinder
2) I can’t tell either
3) which app has this heart shaped icon?

270AAFA0-71E8-4024-87E8-984970567F03.jpeg

—-

Picture 2 (3 icons)
1) What is this star icon? Which app?
2) TikTok
3) What is this as well?

CAE9435E-B08F-4E80-B9AE-F4FB16D65D1B.jpeg

Welcome to Android Forums, @NRZ. :)
I took this screenshot right in front of the phone owner to capture what wasn’t on screen.
:thinking:

We get zillions of questions about unknown icons, and here's the problem: there are bazillions of apps, and even more icons. For example, Twitter uses different icons to notify for different events, like sending a tweet or receiving a DM. A person would have to have personally seen the exact event's notification to recognize it.

Sometimes we're able to find an icon by searching for it, but it has to have something searchable about it, like the one in this thread that I found. But that's unusual.

Simplest solution? Get the phone, and swipe down on the notifications--or ask the phone's owner.

Reactions: Hadron and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
All I can add is that the second icon on the first image has a "dropped pin" in the same place that Google Maps' icon has it, so that's my guess for that one.

(You might ask how I can be unsure, but I've turned off most of the notifications that Maps sends, so rarely if ever see its notification icon. Plus the photo is a bit fuzzy ;)).

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones