1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I need help with Cyanogen 7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by timghorton, Dec 19, 2011.

1. timghorton

timghorton Member

Hi I just rooted my friends phone with revoulnary and clockwork recovery but dumb me forgot to make a back up and installed Cyanogen 7 mod and it won't fully load the into screen just spins.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance

Tim

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

How long have you waited for it to boot up? sometimes it takes a while especially on the first boot.

3. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

Sounds like you have done this before!

have you considered swapping the cw recovery with either the amon ra or amon ra style recovery? the latter can restore cw or ar nands.

The reason I suggest it is because I am familiar with it, and it is also suggested alot in here. mainly because it is reliable and does a good job wiping in preparation for flashing and such like.

Your cm7 rom may just be taking a while to fire up, but I suspect that perhaps you could have done a bit more wiping before you flashed it.

I would suggest loading the amon ra style recovery, wiping well, cache, data and dalvik cache, 3x apiece, and flashing the rom again.

Also, don't forget to flash the Gapps file as well. It is needed with that rom, I think.

I have gotten away from cm 7 because everyone I have encountered who has suffered the bootloop of death has been on cm7 and a tiamat kernel. I have enough problems and the idea of that just puts me off.

argedion likes this.
  4. pandacookie

pandacookie Panda-riffic!

That's why I stay away from MIUI, as much as I love it. People have experienced the bootloop of death with that one too.

dustwun77 likes this.
  5. timghorton

timghorton Member

I thought I would let you guys know I got the phone back to stock and running thanks to everyone that helped.

Tim

dustwun77 likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews