1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I need help with Remote ADB Shell

Discussion in 'Amazon Fire TV' started by Cooley, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Cooley

Cooley Newbie

I am trying to do what is in this video but I am having a problem it will never connect on Fire TV at all and I have restarted the Fire TV and cut ADB debugging off and on and cut it off and restarted the Fire TV and still get a connection issue and I don’t know what to do to fix this either and the person talks about work arounds but doesn’t explain how to do all of them either.
    Does anybody know how to fix these problems at all

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

at 4:30 he explains about connections. one of the suggestions was to download the adb app and install it on your phone or tablet to get setup and then launch it on your firestick making sure to use the same ip address that your firestick uses.

he also says that it works on the 2nd gen firestick as well as the current one....do you have the right stick?

3. Cooley

Cooley Newbie

I have the second generation Fire TV Box and I don’t have an Android Phone or Tablet

4. ocnbrze

wait do you have the fire stick or the fire cube?

5. Cooley

Cooley Newbie

I have neither of them I have the Fire TV box that came out before them came out

6. ocnbrze

well the directions are for the firestick, i'm not sure how device specific it is.

7. Cooley

Cooley Newbie

Well he mentioned both the Fire Stick and the Fire TV and I don’t know what to do because he doesn’t seem to reply to people comments when they need help

8. Cooley

Cooley Newbie

Do you think I could connect by Windows 10 PC to the Fire TV though ADB and enter the words that way

9. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

No. You're gonna need a firestick, period.

10. Cooley

Cooley Newbie

I don’t understand why you say that when he clearly stated Firestick and Fire TV

11. Dannydet

You have a fire TV cube...
    You do not have a firestick.
    You do not have a fire TV.
    You do not have a smart phone.
    You cannot do this with ONLY A FIRE TV CUBE....
    Again, you'll need a firestick or fire TV.

12. Cooley

Cooley Newbie

I do not have a Fire TV Cube I have the Fire TV Second Generation Box & if you need to see a picture let me know

13. Dannydet

Box, cube, whatever. Bottom line is that alone is not going to work.

14. Cooley

Cooley Newbie

Ok but I have seen in YouTube videos it says you can access ADB from your computer to the Fire TV will that work for a work around for the connection issues with Remote ADB Shell

15. Cooley

Cooley Newbie

Still need some help on how I connect my PC over ADB to my Fire TV

16. Rhonda Sites

Rhonda Sites Lurker

I have downloaded it on my firestick and my smartphone and it still just keeps saying connecting and I have done everything he did in the video

17. Colins2

Colins2 Lurker

I don't have a Fire TV box but I do have an old TV box that I can access and create apps on. I use adb over tcp/ip from either Windows (although that is broken at the moment, as per my post) or from Linux.
    What is it exactly that you are trying to do?

18. john mead

john mead Lurker

I’m trying to connect my usb flash drive to my firestick through adb shell

19. john mead

john mead Lurker

It says Connecting ........ but it isn’t it’s just spinning

20. Mofongo

Mofongo Lurker

I'm trying to expand the memory of my Fire TV. I followed the steps from the link that you posted but I'm stuck after step #20. After I click CONNECT I get this message:
    "Connecting to (myipaddress:5555)
    Please make sure the target device has network ADB enabled. You may need to accept a prompt on the target device if you are connecting to it for the first time from this device"
    Any ideas why am I getting this message? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.