• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I need help with Remote ADB Shell

Cooley

Jun 11, 2015
I am trying to do what is in this video but I am having a problem it will never connect on Fire TV at all and I have restarted the Fire TV and cut ADB debugging off and on and cut it off and restarted the Fire TV and still get a connection issue and I don’t know what to do to fix this either and the person talks about work arounds but doesn’t explain how to do all of them either.
Does anybody know how to fix these problems at all

at 4:30 he explains about connections. one of the suggestions was to download the adb app and install it on your phone or tablet to get setup and then launch it on your firestick making sure to use the same ip address that your firestick uses.

he also says that it works on the 2nd gen firestick as well as the current one....do you have the right stick?

Upvote 0
I'm trying to expand the memory of my Fire TV. I followed the steps from the link that you posted but I'm stuck after step #20. After I click CONNECT I get this message:
"Connecting to (myipaddress:5555)
Please make sure the target device has network ADB enabled. You may need to accept a prompt on the target device if you are connecting to it for the first time from this device"
Any ideas why am I getting this message? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones