1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root I need help with removing tweaks.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MusicJunkie, May 10, 2012.

1. MusicJunkie

MusicJunkie Android Expert
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Male
    North Carolina
    I want to try the LionFish kernels again. My previous experience with them didn't go so well mainly because (I believe) the ROM I have on my phone already came with a tweak (V6 Supercharger) that has scripts that aren't compatible with the kernel which caused my random reboots and boot loops.

I have no clue which folder to look in or what tweaks to remove (or move somewhere else) to be able to successfully install this kernel without causing problems. Any help will be greatly appreciated! :)

-E

Advertisement

2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    I'm not sure but if those are run a boot time you could check your init.d folder under /system. any scripts that are loaded at boot time are in there.

Rxpert83 likes this.
  3. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    Male
    East Tawas, MI
    Which ROM are you running? If you know where the script is located on your sd card, you can use Script Manager to load it and disable it from the settings menu, OR you can use Terminal Emulator; type su and enter, sh /sd card/V6* and enter (provided the script is saved onto the root directory of your sd card), and once the settings are up you can disable it.

4. MusicJunkie

MusicJunkie Android Expert
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Male
    North Carolina
    I figured it out. I just kept reading a little more than I did the last time and move one of the scripts that was in my system/etc folder to my SD card then flashed the rom. No random reboots or lag.

I'm running FreshEVO 4.3.3. It's the only one (honestly) that has everything that I want in a ROM (aside from the dock bar but I've grown to like it) except it's just 4.54 and I don't think he's going to update this ROM any further

Tags: