1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I need help with rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kbolt, Sep 18, 2011.

1. kbolt

kbolt Lurker

hello all, I have a relatively new captivate that is now running Gingerbread 2.3.4. I bought it from someone who had put Gingerbread on it for me.

I want to get it rooted but I have no idea what I'm doing so I'm hoping someone can help me with this.

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Picked this up from here

I've had a look around and I'm finding the various firmware versions Samsung give their phones pretty confusing, I can't ascertain if the version you have is rooted/rootable or not. Do you have a SuperUser App installed?

Also, do any of these methods help: Samsung Galaxy S/SGH-I897 - XDA-Developers

kbolt likes this.
  3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

i wonder if your having the same problem im having with my captivate, i cannot root it with aio, super one click, or the update.zip but rest assured i will have it rooted by the end of the night

El Presidente likes this.
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Heh :cool:

I come on to PM you a link to this thread (based on the one you have going on in GC) and you've responded already. How's that for pre-emptive team work. :p

Top man.

5. VoidedSaint

lol well if you look below this thread you will see my thread i posted in here, it has been looked at numerous times but no one can truly answer it.... strange, the DX side, will find a way regardless lol

6. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert

kbolt likes this.
  7. VoidedSaint

im on 2.2 so i dont know what to do in this situation

8. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert

i was thinking you were the op, anyway i had a problem on my little brothers phone when i rooted his. it took me 4 or 5 methods, finally one of them worked but i do not remember which one it was, its been awhile. but it has something to do with some kind of verification, and there is a thread on xda on how to disable it i believe, havent seen it in a while though

9. VoidedSaint

yea i saw it, and kinda wondering what are the reprocutions of it

and no i was the op of the other thread lol

10. VoidedSaint

the super one click that i got to work is a different version than the others i see on here, so, hah! it took me a few searches to locate one that worked, and a few tries doing it, but i got it. ^_^

11. kbolt

kbolt Lurker

Thanks for the many replies. I'll check into all of those links.

12. mikegLA

mikegLA Well-Known Member

where did you get it from????my buddy is havin a hell of a time rooting his captivate on 2.2

...........................think i found it

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews