• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pinay_em

Lurker
May 12, 2016
My fiancee recently died and im trying to obtain photos that are saved on his phone. But the phone is locked with his fingerprint. Ive tried everything. He has a galaxy note 4. Ive already used odin and twrp on it yet it wont go through. Im assuming it because the usb debugging isnt enabled. Is there any way to bypass it or anything else I can do?

My fiancee recently died and im trying to obtain photos that are saved on his phone. But the phone is locked with his fingerprint. Ive tried everything. He has a galaxy note 4. Ive already used odin and twrp on it yet it wont go through. Im assuming it because the usb debugging isnt enabled. Is there any way to bypass it or anything else I can do?

1st, again very sorry for your loss. I know how hard that can hit.

Unless you know of the alternate password I doubt seriously that you will be able to unlock the phone. There is a chance that he has a google account and it can be unlocked via the Google Account Manager.
https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin

but, here again, you are going to need to know what password he used to secure his Google Accounts.

Hopefully, he like most folks, configured all of the camera applications to automatically Default to the extSDcard. And if that is so, and the photos are all you want, you just simply need to open the back, remove the battery, and slide out the SD card.

Insert the SD card into a holder and insert it into your PC/laptop/mac and you will be able to copy off all of his photos.

Hopefully he did not have the SD card encrypted, if so, all is lost.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones