• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hello everyone my name is Gabriel and im new to these forums and hopefully over time can learn from this community of phone savy folk. Alright so where do I begin? About 3 weeks ago I bought a unlocked sprint galaxy s7 edge phone from my bro in law and had absolutely no issues I called tmobile and gave them my imei # this way they can register my phone to their network. They also gave me apn settings to manually put myself after all was done phone worked perfectly until I received a software update prompt. I went ahead and downloaded to update and that's when my phone started to give problems. The first problem was that I couldn't receive or send multimedia textes or surf the web at all unless I was on wifi, as of today im not able to receive or dial out. What I find strange is that every time I put my phone to sleep and power it back on on the top left hand side I see the tmobile network which then disappears. I decided to take the phone to Tmobile and see what they said and it was to no avail all they did was give me a new sim card. I also went to sprint and they were no help. Last but not least I was able to go to a Samsung experience store were they reflashed my phone and nothing. My question is has anyone ran into this issue and if so can I just root the phone with a stable rom to make this work. Im really sorry for any run on sentences and or lack of a paragraph. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

If this was a Sprint phone and you're trying to use it on T-Mobile, this is probably your problem. I'm not sure of the exact bands - usually there is some overlap - but Sprint is a CDMA network and T-Mobile's cellular service is GSM so I'm guessing it's simply not compatible with T-Mobile.

I'd suggest trying to change your service to Sprint and see what happens. Worst case scenario is that it still doesn't work, but at least you'll have counted out one huge possible reason.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones