1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I need help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ezg17, May 14, 2011.

1. ezg17

ezg17 Lurker

so i rooted my phone (EPIC 4G)using the one.click.root.exploitv2.5.5 then wiped my phone. i already had the syndicate frozen rom saved to my sd card i installed it but when i came back to the CWM v2.5.1.0 it says E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log on the bottom of the screen , tried to reboot but didnt go past the samsung boot. i can still get into recovery. can i fix it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Yes, you can fix it.

Syndicate Frozen is EXT4 based file system instead of RFS. Follow the directions in this thread then flash the ROM from your SD card (being sure to do the necessary wipes first).

ardchoille likes this.
  3. ezg17

ezg17 Lurker

EB13 or DK28?

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

EB13.

But since you won't have a current ROM it won't convert your current ROM.

You can always use Odin to go back to stock first if you would like. :)

5. ezg17

ezg17 Lurker

it says to go to usb debugging mode on the instructions but i can only go into CWM recovery screen. does that make a difference?

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Great question. One I do not know the answer to for sure.

You could always just get an RFS based ROM for the meantime. Unfortunately, getting links for them from my phone is a painful experience.

At the top of the forum there is a sticky with directions on how to return to stock via odin. OR in the "best stable ROM" thread, there is a ROM you can apply through odin that will convert you to EXT4.

7. ezg17

ezg17 Lurker

tried clicking the odin link on the sticky but it just went to rooting info. do you know if there is anyone in san antonio tx that can fix it?

8. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Link Fixed. http://androidforums.com/2589860-post5.html

Samsung Epic 4G Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G release date was September 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

September 2010
Release Date
Reviews