1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I need help.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by charla22, Dec 27, 2011.

1. charla22

charla22 Lurker

hello people. yesterday I went through my settings and managed apps,
    I clicked on running services, and began to clear data.idk what I erased but
    on the home screen of the acer liquid e there is a slider u slide to unlock the screen, well its gone :( I tried to set a password again but it won't allow me to set a password again.
    also when I turn my phone off and then on again my live wallpaper isn't there anymore it changes to some light blue background. what did I do and how do I fix it without having to factory reset my phone? or is that my only option?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

What is sounds like you did was to clear the data for the Launcher. I am not sure which launcher uses but you might be able to get past the stock password with the help of other Liquid owners in Acer Liquid E - Android Forums

When you clear user data for a launcher, it removes all your settings and configs and puts you back to the way the phone shipped. If you are stuck at the lock screen, you can enter it too many times, the phone should prompt you to unlock it with the credentials for the Google account to which it's registered. If you have forgotten your google password, go to Account Password Recovery and change your password. Then reboot your phone.

One caveat is that you must have a data connection enabled on the phone for this to work ... either 3G or Wifi ... so that Google's servers can authenticate the account. If you have entered the pattern but do not know the credentials or have Wifi and 3G both off, there's little to do other than a full reset.

3. charla22

charla22 Lurker

most likely the launcher, I just noticed that these running services had data a.d I had the option to clear it so I did thinking that id free space or help keep the phone from running slow. in not stuck at the screen lock as there isn't one now but I want it back when I go into settings and try setting a password it allows me to type a password however when I lock the screen and unlock it again there is no slider and I don't have to type a password to unlock it it goes right to the hone screen.

thank u for taking time to reply.

4. Gmash

Gmash Extreme Android User

Maybe a dumb question, but did you try turning the phone off and turning it back on? Sometimes when you stop certain processes they won't start again until you restart the phone.