• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I need help

m_ghv_geo

Feb 3, 2010
I bought HTC ONE X the international version (not the USA LTE version)
from EBAY.com the seller was from Hong Kong

in "system language" I do not have "English (United States)" or "English (United Kingdom)"
so i choose "English (Singapore)".

so how to get "English (United States)"

I bought HTC ONE X the international version (not the USA LTE version)
from EBAY.com the seller was from Hong Kong

in "system language" I do not have "English (United States)" or "English (United Kingdom)"
so i choose "English (Singapore)".

so how to get "English (United States)"

You have a "regional" OS "build"- meaning a specialized version of Android and Sense which (most likely) only differs in the language packs that are built in and some of the radio frequency code. Simplest answer is that if "English (Singapore)" works for you, then you should be able to enjoy the phone without noticing anything else.
However, if you absolutely want the US/UK English language pack, read through this thread over at XDA, then peruse their development section- it appears you can root and flash a ROM with baked-in US English language support.

Reactions: m_ghv_geo
Upvote 0
The English, be it Singapore English or elsewhere, should be pretty standard. My Legend from Belgium uses English (Netherlands) and I never had any weird word show up due to that.

To the OP: perhaps you could try installing MoreLocale from the Play Store? In OS versions prior to ICS, this can unlock any system language pre-installed on the phone. Never tried it on a One X, though...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones