• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I Need Help

+1 for flashing back to stock as Unforgiven mentioned. Without a booting phone or the ability to access recovery as a means of getting an adb shell, that's about the only thing left IMO. Hopefully you are at least able to access emergency/download mode. That remains to be seen...fingers crossed.
Yes I can access emergency mode but thats about it , and I don't know what should be my second step.

Upvote 0
Yes I can access emergency mode but thats about it , and I don't know what should be my second step.

The steps are outlined in the link Unforgiven already posted:
xda-developers - View Single Post - LG Optimus L7 (P700) Development

The only hangup you MAY run into is at steps 4 & 5 of that guide. They assume you have a booting phone and can turn on usb debugging and put the phone connection into PC Software mode. That may or may not be a problem especially if you've perhaps enabled usb debugging in the past as a root user. I'm not sure if the PC Software mode thing is absolutely required to move forward or not, you'll have to try it and see.

If it doesn't work, the next idea would be to try and instead use the LG Flash Tools software which should allow you to interface the phone to the PC and then load the kdz file. Either way, you'll need the appropriate kdz file as outlined in the linked thread.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
If you do run into problems with the procedure, at least use it to acquire your kdz file. Then see this link instead:

How to: Download and Install KDZ LG firmware – All Android models – Cell Rabta

^^There are actually 2 tutorials there. One that uses the "kdz updater" software and another that uses the "LG Flash Tools" (for large kdz files).

I downloaded a random kdz (UK) from the xda link and it came in at just over 300 Mb so I'd try using the kdz updater software and instructs first since your firmware is rather a small package. Between those two methods/tools however, you should be able to get your phone back to stock if the xda method fails.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
The steps are outlined in the link Unforgiven already posted:
xda-developers - View Single Post - LG Optimus L7 (P700) Development

The only hangup you MAY run into is at steps 4 & 5 of that guide. They assume you have a booting phone and can turn on usb debugging and put the phone connection into PC Software mode. That may or may not be a problem especially if you've perhaps enabled usb debugging in the past as a root user. I'm not sure if the PC Software mode thing is absolutely required to move forward or not, you'll have to try it and see.

If it doesn't work, the next idea would be to try and instead use the LG Flash Tools software which should allow you to interface the phone to the PC and then load the kdz file. Either way, you'll need the appropriate kdz file as outlined in the linked thread.
Ok I will try I hope it will work

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones