• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I Need Major Help

So, I got the Unlock_code.bin file for my Evo Design and it won't work, Windows 7 or Vista. Both OSes say error token check failed, and yet this is the file the sent me after i submitted the identifier token that fastboot gave me. I tried to temproot and installed firewater, but upon using temproot via adb shell cmd it won't let me input any code afterwords, so i can't even install firewater via that temproot. I just wanna root this thing and flash a custom rom to make it better. Does anybody have an extra Unlock_code.bin that worked, or a working temproot I can use via adb to install firewater and change the hboot to s-off?

Have another unlock_code.bin be sent to you. For clarity, make sure you select the proper device and if not listed then select "other".

Small possibility but the file sent may have been corrupted.

No one can really send you there unlock_code.bin file since each are different based on the identifier token fastboot displays for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones