• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I need my forgotten network!

_PeteG_

Sep 21, 2009
Hi,
I'm pretty stuck here. I recently changed the wifi security on my router. Because the wireless network was set up on my phone using the old security settings, I used the 'forget network' option to remove it. However, when I add a new network and give it the correct SSID and security settings, I am told it is 'not in range' despite knowing that it is! I have changed settings on three laptops and two other mobile phones today (one of them an Android as well), all without issue, so I'm completely comfortable that I'm keying in the correct detail but my phone just doesn't 'see' this network anymore.

So, it appears that because I chose 'forget' for this particualr SSID, I can't 'un-forget' it at all?! I've tried restoring the phone back to factory settings but that didn't work - in fact, due to the auto restore with Google, I'm right back where I started anyway with all my apps installed! I've tried just leaving the phone to scan networks in order to pick it up but it just doesn't find it - whether I have added a new network entry or not - but the network appears no problem for all the other devices I have configured today.

How can I set up a wireless network on my phone for an SSID that I have previously told the phone to forget?!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones