• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps I need some Android SDK tools feedbacks

matscp

Lurker
Jul 20, 2009
Hello guys

I would like to have some feedbacks about the current Android SDK tools. Actually I need to gather what are its negative points and find out if there is any tool that does not fullfil the developers' requirements. Also, is there any tool that does not exist and it would be great for the developers to have it?

I intend to improve the existing tools that need improvement and develop some extra tools that would really help any kind of developer during Android software development process.

Thanks for your feedback!
Matheus

There's probably lots that could be improved.

For one thing, one can create several virtual devices, but I haven't yet found a way to tell the project which one to use -- it seems to always use the newest one.

Also, a streamlined tool for directly sending an app from the SDK to a (real, not virtual) phone would be quite handy.

The Sensor Simulator can be set up to influence a virtual device -- but it might be more realistic to somehow send the inputs from a real device to the virtual one, if that can be done?

Och, there's no end to what you might do! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones