1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I need some help with my phone.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sinsuni, Dec 20, 2011.

1. sinsuni

sinsuni Newbie

Im not sure what I did wrong. I was trying to update my phone through the Lg website and I left my phone connected to my laptop. I came back and my phone had a black screen and I turned it on and it just said, :Download in progress. Do not disconnect cable". My computer then fell asleep and I turned it back on and the update window was gone. I unplugged and it still has that on the screen. Such a pain. Not sure what to do. I was hoping someone had some clues as to how to fix this.

-Sinsuni:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VinceO

VinceO Well-Known Member

Factory reset perhaps?

sinsuni likes this.
  3. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Have you tried pulling the battery out and hooking it back up to see if you can redo the update?

sinsuni likes this.
  4. sinsuni

sinsuni Newbie

If that is holding the volume rocker and the power button at the same time, yes. I've been trying that all day...

5. sinsuni

sinsuni Newbie

I tried doing that as well. I couldn't get it to work. :(
    All I get is, "Software update is not supported for this model".
    Also, before anything is mentioned, I did select the right model and everything.

6. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Android Expert

have you tried setting the phone on recovery >>?? and then reinstall from there.?

sinsuni likes this.
  7. sinsuni

sinsuni Newbie

Its not responsive at all. :(
    What exactly is recovery though?

8. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Android Expert

hold, power button + both volume rockets, then leave it until you it restart and send you to a little android. after that, plug in the cable and install the driver and update..

sinsuni likes this.
  9. sinsuni

sinsuni Newbie

Oh, nope. I tried that and it doesn't work. Thanks though. :)
    Its completely unresponsive.

10. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

was this with the LG mobile update tools?

sinsuni likes this.
  11. sinsuni

sinsuni Newbie

Yep. :( Now the phone is dead. Not much could be done now since its not even charging either. Tehehe...

12. ShinySide

Are you sure you did it with LG Mobile Support Tool because there is no selecting with it. It detects what your phone is all you have to do is click "Start updating" after it detects your phone and says theres an update for your phone.

13. sinsuni

sinsuni Newbie

Yep I used it. Well, I downloaded the correct drivers and stuff. Thats what I meant. Sorry.

14. Androidkucool

Androidkucool Well-Known Member

sorry to interfere; how do i know if an esteem needs an update or not?

15. ShinySide

Youre good :) You most likely do. Go to your settings>about phone and look at whats under your SW Version. if it has a B at the end theres an update for it. The new version ends with a C

16. Rich Cashster

Rich Cashster Newbie

How do you update?

17. ShinySide

18. Androidkucool

Androidkucool Well-Known Member

hm....should i update or not, yes or no because I don't have any problem at all; or will it makes faster or any others improvement?

19. ShinySide

If you have no problems and want to be rooted dont. Dont care about root or the bloat ware then I would just to be up to date you know

Androidkucool likes this.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews