1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

I need some help with unlocking a read only directory

Discussion in 'Android Rooting' started by reble, May 12, 2016.

1. ThePhizzle

ThePhizzle Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    Ok think I follow your idea of what you want accomplished,but my only two cents i can give you of advice is,
    1 cent)is there a particular purpose of doing so?because there is certain way to make sd card the main directory, or store certain min cache files but with huge crash risks,but some what possible to do.
    2 cent)by why in god's blue heaven would be such a situation bad enough to tamper with system config. files,yeah it's your equalbgiven right to do what you want to your mobile device,but seriously,it's hard to even see where your going with this procedure,so it's definitely not hard to see there would really be no good out come of it,I strongly recommend not tampering with any system config. files without doing a long thorough study on it first,because one small slip up there be no amount of command typing that would sve it then,sorry to look negatively at your idea but the system files are there for a reason,and that's to make your device run.
    Good health to you and your device & good luck.

Advertisement

2. reble

reble Android Enthusiast

Sep 1, 2012
    Male
    retired
    Kennewick Wa
    To "The Phizzle" You are way off base and out in left field. You aren't even close to following what I wanted to accomplish. I only need to open the system > media > audio > alarm to put in a new ringtone file. But I was told of a way to input the ringtone without unlocking those system directorys. Job is already done. And again thanks to the people here that gave me the right info to get the job done.

Steve

3. ThePhizzle

ThePhizzle Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    Terribly sorry for the inconvenience I had mixed up this thread with another one,for some reason this person wants to change system configuration files to change directory of their storage but for the life of me i don't see why;its been a long week.
    So if you may except my apology as you can obviously see I was way in left field because i responded to the wrong alert notice,really didn't mean to confuse you while you where trying to keep focused, I'll try to pay closer mind to who I'm responding to,I feel real bad giving you a lecture you did not deserve,if i would have pay attention i could of been more of use to say change the folder to writable with fx file explorer,sorry again about the confusion,tht was an error on my part.
    Congrats on achieving your goal.
    Good health to you and your device & good luck.

scary alien likes this.