• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I need some more suggestions for my battery consumption?

aliveon2legs

Android Enthusiast
May 17, 2010
First, these screen shots were taken after the battery had been fully charged 2 hours prior. I pulled it off right after the light turned green, so that isn't the issue. Also, I've already done the charge, turn off, charge, turn on, etc. thing. My light turned green almost instantly the first time I turned it off and plugged it back in.

The screen was on 18.5% of the time during this stretch, so that's pretty heavy usage. But why would the system have been running 53.3% of the time? I wouldn't think that number would/should be much higher than the screen-on time.

battery2b.jpg

battery3.jpg

battery1v.jpg

Thanks in advance.

edit - sorry about the "?" on the thread title... slip of the fingers.

I was getting awful battery life at one point and discovered it was Facebook for HTC Sense being connected for VERY long periods of time keeping the data connection open. Removing my log in and then logging back in seems to have fixed the problem for me. Might be worth a shot for you, especially if you notice your data connection on all the time.

Upvote 0
I was getting awful battery life at one point and discovered it was Facebook for HTC Sense being connected for VERY long periods of time keeping the data connection open. Removing my log in and then logging back in seems to have fixed the problem for me. Might be worth a shot for you, especially if you notice your data connection on all the time.
How do I remove my login? I only have it set to sync once a day, but I suppose if it is staying connected that could certainly be a problem.

Upvote 0
Unless you've plugged it in recently that will still include all that time from before so you might just have to test it for a day to see if it continues to decrease from 39.9% throughout the day. I just looked at mine and I haven't been using it a whole lot today. It's at 81% and has been unplugged for 3 hours 40 mins and the running lists 24.2% and the screen on lists 8.0% so maybe about 15% difference is normal. A lot of that difference is probably the Cell Standby and Phone Idle processes that show up in the battery history I'm guessing.

Upvote 0
Also, that little green guy in the upper left corner of your screen might be the problem. How do you have him set up? If he is in "continuous kill" mode, that is likely your problem. Either uninstall or at least use him in a "manual" mode. The fact that he is up there means he is on the job and could be the culprit!

Upvote 0
Well I'm getting pretty decent battery life I think (still at 80% nearly 4 hours after taking it off the charger). I don't have ATK installed. I do have SystemPanel Lite installed and I love it. You might check that out and get rid of ATK. SP doesn't do any auto killing for me. But I do have the option to kill something if I want. It also shows your CPU, Memory, and Network Usage. It's a pretty sweet app.

Upvote 0
Well I'm getting pretty decent battery life I think (still at 80% nearly 4 hours after taking it off the charger). I don't have ATK installed. I do have SystemPanel Lite installed and I love it. You might check that out and get rid of ATK. SP doesn't do any auto killing for me. But I do have the option to kill something if I want. It also shows your CPU, Memory, and Network Usage. It's a pretty sweet app.

I agree. I liked it so much, I even bought the full version, so I could continue to use the history section. It's is really useful in seeing what might be using resources and battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones