1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root I need some serious HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DJAlmix, Nov 21, 2010.

1. DJAlmix

DJAlmix Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    It started today with LauncherPro and a force close loop, again (happened yesturday.) So I deceided to do a factory reset to start from square one (I was running Velocity 0.3). Then my Phone just sat there with a loop of the Velocity screen over and over again. I need to bring my phone back from the dead, what do I do?!

Advertisement

2. dots

dots Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Shelby Township, MI
    Boot into recovery. You do this by powering on the phone by holding SEND+MENU+PWR till you see the lg logo. Then let go.

Feel free to stop by IRC if you can't figure out what to do from there. :p

3. death2all110

death2all110 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Male
    Systems Administrator Windows/Unix
    Illinois, US
  4. swc2001

swc2001 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Rubber Duck Salesman
    Chattanooga, TN
    This has happened to me before as well.
    Now we all know that Velocity Rules.... With that said sometimes when resetting it.... it gets a little finicky and boot lopps.
    Not a big deal though. As Dots said Do the three finger boot and data factory wipe again. Also wipe Cache Dalvik and the SD EXT if you have Apps 2 SD. Now With the Velocity .3 zip on your SD Card simply reflash it.
    This will clear it up and you will be right as Rain.

I also advise dont give up on Launcher Pro. It is a very useful tool. As all computer programs though it can be finicky. Now When your done setting up Do a Nandroid Backup and save it somewhere safe.

Good Luck Brother.

5. EZ-SKIPPY

EZ-SKIPPY Active Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Male
    RETIRED
    FLORIDA (WEST COAST)
    this also seems to be my problem..
    i followed your directions:: three finger boot and data factory wipe again. Also wipe Cache Dalvik and the SD EXT if you have Apps 2 SD. Now With the Velocity .3 zip on your SD Card simply reflash it.
    after reflash, i re-booted the system.. only to be right back at velocity
    screen... what am i doing WRONG ??? can you please help???

6. swc2001

swc2001 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Rubber Duck Salesman
    Chattanooga, TN
    Well are you trying to go back stock or are you saying velocity is going into a bootloop?
    If your trying to go back completely stock follow Death2all's thread on that subject it will get you there no problem
    If you want velocity and your stil. Getting a boot loop after reflashing it..... I suggest doing the same thing first go back stock and then try a reflash of velocity.
    Or you could always give Raptor a try . I have heard of many peop
    E being very satisfied with that Rom.

Tags: