• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I need something faster than the Eris, but not the Droid

I just tried it in the native app and I see about the same lag. When I type, even slow, it just can't do it. Sometimes it will even forget the auto correct when it gets too far behind. *I will not make an iPhone comment here :eek:*

I also do a soft reset every day.

I also need to use Handcent because it splits the texts for me when they go 160+

Thank you so much for your help!
Mm I try. :)
Only other suggestion I could give is to maybe check and see how much memory your device has.. kill a ton of apps, and see if it's less laggy.
OR maybe you just type at the speed of light and not even the snapdragon could keep up :p Cause I swear I type fast as hell on my Eris and it keeps up with me. :p:p

Upvote 0
60M of available memory.

Edit:
What are your keyboard settings? I have auto correct stuff on. Is that slowing me down?
-I'm gonna have to say this: the iPhone keyboard kept up with my speedy fingers. HOWEVER, I will never go to the iPhone. Just needed to clear my name.

Upvote 0
I am not trying to be rude, trust me. I'm just stupid when it comes to this.

What is the point of having it kill itself? Doesn't that mean that the auto kill won't work? Anyway, right now, with everything closed, I am getting 73M of avail memory. Good? Bad?
Not too much better. And killing Task Killer itself will free up a tad bit more memory, but if you have the auto kill on I guess just leave it on the ignore list.
If that doesn't help your keyboard lag then I'm afraid I'm all out of suggestions. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones