• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I need step by step instructions for viewing netflix on an hd tv through hdmi cable from droid x 2

myrnawatson

Lurker
Feb 18, 2012
I am in need of assistance on watching netflix from my droid x 2 on an hd tv using an hdmi cable. I have a charging station for the purpose of watching movies on my tv using my phone. If someone could post a step-by-step video for me that would be even better. Thanks for the help and I look forward to receiving it as soon as possible. I know this can be done but I am so baffled. :thinking::eek:

I am in need of assistance on watching netflix from my droid x 2 on an hd tv using an hdmi cable. I have a charging station for the purpose of watching movies on my tv using my phone. If someone could post a step-by-step video for me that would be even better. Thanks for the help and I look forward to receiving it as soon as possible. I know this can be done but I am so baffled. :thinking::eek:

I was just about to figure this out myself, I just need to grab the cable.

Upvote 0
Easy as pie,

• down load the app.
  • sign in to netflix
  • plug your HDMI cable into the tv select the hdmi input you plugged your cable in on the tv (eg. HDMI 1 etc)
  • plug in your phone (micro hdmi slot under the power slot)
  • the scree on your phone will show up on the middle of your tv screen.
  • simply select the movie you want to watch and the screen view will flip on your tv filling the viewable area.
  • I would elect to plug your charger in too so you don't run out of power!

i suggest for better viewing to use your home wifi. REMEBER that netflix is a streaming program and will eat up your data plan so dont use it off wifi unless you are on an unlimited data plan!

I found the HDMI cable on ebay for $1.50 with $2.00 shipping a far cry cheaper than anything i found on the normal web shopping pages or local cell phone or electronic stores.

same steps work for hulu+ and youtube.

if you happen to have a vizio tablet you can follow the same protocol

So thats that! Enjoy ya'll!

Reactions: Scur
Upvote 0
Easy as pie,

• down load the app.
  • sign in to netflix
  • plug your HDMI cable into the tv select the hdmi input you plugged your cable in on the tv (eg. HDMI 1 etc)
  • plug in your phone (micro hdmi slot under the power slot)
  • the scree on your phone will show up on the middle of your tv screen.
  • simply select the movie you want to watch and the screen view will flip on your tv filling the viewable area.
  • I would elect to plug your charger in too so you don't run out of power!

i suggest for better viewing to use your home wifi. REMEBER that netflix is a streaming program and will eat up your data plan so dont use it off wifi unless you are on an unlimited data plan!

I found the HDMI cable on ebay for $1.50 with $2.00 shipping a far cry cheaper than anything i found on the normal web shopping pages or local cell phone or electronic stores.

same steps work for hulu+ and youtube.

if you happen to have a vizio tablet you can follow the same protocol

So thats that! Enjoy ya'll!
My apologies...I meant to get back on here and post that I had figured it out and it worked wonderfully. Pretty much exactly as you describe...thank you so very much!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones