1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I need step by step instructions to flash a newer ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sbbamafan, Feb 8, 2011.

1. sbbamafan

sbbamafan Member

I am running Cyanogen 6.0.0-Heroc. I have been for about 6 months but it has some quirks (locks up sometimes, etc) that may be better with a newer version (I hope). Can somebody please give me very explicit step by step instructions to load a new ROM. Also can you give me a link to the newer version of this ROM.

I was scared to death when I rooted my phone and am equally fearful now. I appreciate your help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

This is Jay Bob's builds of CM6 but they are the most recent merges for the heroc for CM6, look here [ROM] (31-DEC) FroYo 2.2 - CM6.2.0 Extremely Blue, BlackMod, Red, Purple, Vanilla - xda-developers I would go with the vanilla build

This is what I would do:

1 Go to Jay Bob's thread, download the vanilla 12/31 build directly to your phone
    2 Download the latest gapps directly to your phone
    After booting to recovery, do not leave recovery until finished
    3 Boot to recovery and make a nandroid of your current setup, this is a must
    4 Wipe data/factory reset
    5 Wipe cache
    5 Wipe Dalvik cache
    6 Go to 'Install Zip from SD Card' and find your 'downloads folder' (your rom and gapps will be in this folder)
    7 Flash the vanilla CM6 zip
    8 (You will have to go to 'install zip from sd card' again to flash gapps) Flash the gapps zip
    9 Once installation is complete, Reboot phone:D
    You will leave recovery and the phone will reboot

Hope this helps:D

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews