1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support I need to be able to reunlock my phone somehow.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Aaron Slater, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Aaron Slater

Aaron Slater Lurker
    None

Apr 23, 2016
    Male
    So I got in a bind trying to make my htc one m8 not a brick anymore. I was trying to set my phone back to stock and so I uninstalled my custom recovery, TWRP. I also have ran the "command fastboot oem lock" which people say locks the phone so only certain things can flash on the phone. People also say that I am able to unlock my phone so I can install a custom recovery and install the rom I need by running "fastboot oem unlock" which comes up with an error "(bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!". I need to be able to unlock my bootloader again so I can reinstall TWRP and get my phone up and running again. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Advertisement

#1 Aaron Slater, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  2. saltire

saltire Android Expert
    None

So how did you unlock the bootloader the first time?

There is more to it with HTC devices, and the command you've tried isn't going to work (looks to me like you picked up on something for Nexus devices).

You need to follow post 1, and steps 1 and 2 from post 2 in this thread:

http://androidforums.com/index.php?threads/845182/

Any questions ask before trying something if you're unsure.

3. Aaron Slater

Aaron Slater Lurker
    None

Apr 23, 2016
    Male
    i actually already figured it out so yea. Thanks for the help anyways!!! Sorry for the late reply.

HTC One M8

The HTC One M8 is the Taiwanese company's flagship phone for the first half of 2014. It built on its predecessor with an upgraded 5-inch 1080p display, Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, and an UltraPixel rear Duo Camera.
Tags: