1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I need to link multiple phone & Gmail contacts...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scrattyrat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. scrattyrat

scrattyrat Member

Hi,

I have added all my old phone contacts, and also got all my gmail contacts onto my HTC desire. Obviously there are lots that need linking. I have read that the notification area should now show an icon indicating that there are 'matched contacts suggestions' but it does not. I can go through individual contacts and link them, but I need to do them all in one go...

I have tried syncing my gmail account but still nothing.

I dont care about facebbook right now. I have searched on the firum but pretty much every post is about facebook.

Ideally i just want all my contacts merged on the gmail account or for 'people' to show a merged list.

Can anyone help me figure out why the notification icon wont show me there are matched contacts suggestions so i can see a list of all the suggestions?

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scrattyrat

scrattyrat Member

I also tried rebooting the phone but still dont see it

3. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Are the names exactly the same on each contact you want linked?

4. scrattyrat

scrattyrat Member

Some are the same and some are virtually the same...

The phone can see there are potential links for the contacts as when i view them individually the link icon is there. I just need to be able to see all suggested links in one view, or autolink them - which I have read is possible, as there are hundreds to scroll through

5. scrattyrat

scrattyrat Member

Bump...

is it a false claim that the desire is able to show that there are 'matched contacts suggestions' and list all suggestions so you can handle them all with ease? Or as I am seeing this is not the case and you have to go through every single contact individually?

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews