1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I need to root lg k420n

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hussein khalil, Mar 1, 2020.

1. hussein khalil

Hello guys,
    please i need your help rooting my lg k420n device. There are very very very important photos on it, and my little brother "factory reset" the device without a backup. Please guys is there any way to root it?? i tried tens of ways, one click root apps (both pc & phone version), i tried to root it manually but i faced a lot of problem especially that when i go into fastboot mode the command "fastboot devices" cannot recognize my device (i tried to install mobile drivers and didn't work) i tried a lot of tools but without any positive result. so please guys can you help root my device to reset my photos using diskdigger? or there is any good recovery application that doesn't require root?!.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Were you using Google photos?

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. hussein khalil

unfortunately NO

4. Dannydet

Then I'm afraid they are all gone with no amount of rooting will ever bring them back.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. hussein khalil

This thread is my last hope

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yep rooting will not help your situation. and those data recovery programs that you pay for, i believe are scams (at least most of them are). i have yet to hear anybody having success with those. so be careful if you do go that route.

i use google photo's and you can set it to automatically backup your photos. i never have to worry about them accidentally getting deleted. i can take a picture, wait for my phone to sync and hop on my computer without connecting to my phone to get the photo i just took.

if you still want to try to root the phone, we can try and help you. but it will not bring your photos back.

#6 ocnbrze, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    Dannydet likes this.
  7. hussein khalil

Please help me root my device if you can!.
    Back, when i lost my photos (in the same situation “factory reset”) i rooted my Samsung grand device and restored all the deleted photos with diskdigger!! It worked perfectly.

8. ocnbrze

ok first off i do not have your phone.
    second i would try and follow this guide:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-k10/how-to/bootloader-unlocked-guys-bootloader-t3558810

it is a bit complicated, so please read it carefully. if you have the time i would read all 18 pages of posts within the guide. there are some good questions in there that might help you as well.

and ask questions if you have any here.

good luck

Dannydet likes this.
  9. hussein khalil

I tried this tutorial, it needs root and that’s the main problem. Actually i tried all the available root methods on google without any positive result

10. ocnbrze

no.....that guide is how to unlock the bootloader to gain root. here is the break down:
    1.downgrade your firmware using LG UP
    2.then use KingoRoot to root the device
    3.then use your computer to adb command the specified aboot to the phone.
    4.reboot

and you have an unlocked bootloader. to stay permanently rooted you will then need to flash a recovery
    (TWRP) and flash superuser to finally gain root.

Dannydet likes this.
  11. hussein khalil

Ok bro thank you! I will try it

ocnbrze likes this.
  12. ocnbrze

before you do, please read the guide and all of the pages in the thread. the main things is to be prepared and don't be afraid to ask questions here if you have them.

13. hussein khalil

the ROM was not found "404 (Not Found)" :(

14. ocnbrze

15. Dannydet

Even if you root, you still may not be able to recover any photos.

ocnbrze likes this.
  16. ocnbrze

the op claims that diskdigger will work......i'll guess we will find out....that is if he can get his phone rooted.

Dannydet likes this.
  17. ocnbrze

18. hussein khalil

okay guys thank you for your help! i give up! because every solution i found online there are sub-problems appear there is no complete solution online.... photos are gone!.