1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

I need to totally BRICK my phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rangerdavid, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Well-Known Member

tell me how I can do this............... so it can't possibly work, even if I take it in to the Verizon store. Brick it, totally EFF it up!! It's rooted, so it shouldn't be hard as I can access all the inner workings.......

ok, let the suggestions rip!!

:D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Extreme Android User

3. ganj_420

ganj_420 Well-Known Member

I don't really know how to purposely brick a phone lol. I guess just fire up your favorite file explorer and start deleting system files? Boot.img recovery.img etc... Why would you wanna purposely brick your phone though?

4. A.Nonymous

Why not physically destroy the phone? Much easier.

5. pockings

pockings Well-Known Member

Maybe he wants a new phone? :p

6. A.Nonymous

Dishonesty much? Bad karma much?

7. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert

Interrupting a radio download and flashing the corrupt file is supposed to do it.

8. McLovlein13

McLovlein13 Android Enthusiast

9. A.Nonymous

Again, why is the OP wanting to do this? To defraud the company out of warranty work? To damage someone else's phone permanently?

10. KrippyKreme

KrippyKreme Android Enthusiast

Sounds like his phone is acting up and he wants to return it, but it's rooted, so he's screwed out of a warranty if they see a custom ROM on it.

@Rangerdavid Why don't you just flash a stock ROM on it? They won't pay attention.

11. A.Nonymous

So he wants to defraud the OEM then?

12. valorian

valorian Android Expert

Does the OP want a different phone all together or a different Inc2? Bricking the phone will only get replaced with another Inc2.

13. cipher6

cipher6 Android Enthusiast

not necessarily. I had a dinc1 and got a dinc2 via warranty replacement. Lady said I had the choice between another dinc1 or a dinc2, I choose the 2.

14. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Intentionally damaging a handset with the intent of claiming under warranty is pretty clearly fraudulent, and is therefore not something that should be discussed here at Android Forums.

scotty85, jmar and TheAtheistReverend like this.

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews