• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I need your advise

Nat09

Lurker
Nov 22, 2021
Hello!
I have ordered new graphics card on Amazon. The package I received contained a completely different graphics card, on top of that it had signs of usage with dust on the fans and scratches on the frame. The mailing box was sealed without any signs of being opened, however the box of the graphics card itself came without any safety wrap or seals. After that I have left a review of the product on Amazon and attached photos of the used graphics card. Then I contacted customer service and followed their instructions. They told me to send the graphics card back to Amazon. Upon receiving the graphics card I was told that I won’t get the money back because it was a different card. However, I don’t have another card, I returned the only card sent to me by Amazon. I was refused a refund and the card I’ve returned was disposed.
Our family are regular customers at Amazon, in the past month we have purchased goods for a total of $23.000 that we paid for with one bank card. Out of all the purchases we haven’t returned anything except this graphics card.
I need your advise

Reactions: Pakhtoon
This seems like a pretty clear case of either bait & switch or a counterfeit product.

Amazon has a return option "wrong item sent". If the seller will still not cooperate, contact Amazon through the HELP section. Just keep clicking "more help" and "something else" until you get to the option for Amazon to call you. Politely explain the situation and why there is evidence of tampering/replacement. They will do everything in their power to make it right. Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, I hate to say it- but it seems as though we should always video every package opening.

I needed original exhaust manifolds for an old car, andwhen I got them the box looked like it had been hit by a train.

I called the seller, and videoed as I was talking to him and opening the box.

Everything was fine, but I wanted to cover all the bases if there was a problem.

Upvote 0
Hello!
I have ordered new graphics card on Amazon. The package I received contained a completely different graphics card, on top of that it had signs of usage with dust on the fans and scratches on the frame. The mailing box was sealed without any signs of being opened, however the box of the graphics card itself came without any safety wrap or seals. After that I have left a review of the product on Amazon and attached photos of the used graphics card. Then I contacted customer service and followed their instructions. They told me to send the graphics card back to Amazon. Upon receiving the graphics card I was told that I won’t get the money back because it was a different card. However, I don’t have another card, I returned the only card sent to me by Amazon. I was refused a refund and the card I’ve returned was disposed.
Our family are regular customers at Amazon, in the past month we have purchased goods for a total of $23.000 that we paid for with one bank card. Out of all the purchases we haven’t returned anything except this graphics card.
I need your advise
I don't spend nearly that much, monthly, at Amazon, but I am a VERY GOOD customer--and they've bent over backwards to make things right for me. I started shopping there in the late '90s, and I've never had to physically RETURN anything, even an expensive bag I ordered but decided was too big. I told them everything was correct, I just didn't like it; they told me to keep it, donate it, give it away, do whatever I wanted, with their blessing. They gave me a full refund immediately. That's just one example of many.

The first thing you did wrong was write a review of the product to complain about the problem. That's not what reviews are for--they're for actual reviews of the product being sold, how you like it, how well it works, what kind of features it has, etc. They are *not* for complaining about receiving the wrong product--you may think you're addressing it to the seller YOU bought the item from, but that's not how it works on Amazon. So a REVIEW of a product needs to be just that, a REVIEW of the actual product.

The place to complain about issues like you had are: 1) with the seller themselves and, 2) with Amazon. Follow the seller's link (you should find this in your order's history), go to their page, use Amazon's built-in contact method and let them know what happened. Then contact Amazon again, and--with a very good attitude--explain that you received a product that was INCORRECT and had clearly been used. Tell them you have no use for this card and want to return it, receive the CORRECT card, new as you had ordered, or at the very least get a full refund.

If all of the above should fail--and based on my experience, it shouldn't--contact the credit card's bank and dispute the charge. Tell them what you've told us, and that both the seller and Amazon have refused to help. For me, just threatening to do that has always yielded the results I wanted (I've never had to pull that with Amazon, I'm just talking about in general).

Upvote 0
True that!

As @MoodyBlues said, @Nat09 , the product review is not the place to complain about the seller. Sellers have a separate feedback rating. I respectfully suggest that you delete the review and contact Amazon for resolution. Once you receive the correct problem, install and use it, THEN you can write an objective product review.

If you have trouble getting to the point of Amazon calling you (usually within seconds), let me know and I'll write exactly what to click and where.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones