1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General I only lasted a week...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 1080p, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    Everyone has their little petty things that can set them off if the phone doesn't have it, it happens.
    There was something that bothered me about the S2 but I forgot what it was. Choosing an icon for homescreen bookmarks would have been nice though.

Advertisement

2. 1080p

1080p Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 1, 2009
    So far I am enjoying the phone a lot better with the Cognition S2 ROM. Battery is rivaling the iPhone now.

3. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    What is that? A custom ROM?

4. lilo

lilo Member
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    As far as #1 is concerned you've got it totally wrong. It's Apple's goal to think you the way you think. It's not Android that does not play well with Mac, it's Mac that does not play well with just about everything that was not sold by Apple. You should not have dumped SGS2. The right decision is to dump Mac (and Apple in general). Otherwise you'll be stuck with inferior hardware and having to wait when Apple decides that it's OK for you to have USB 3.0, BluRay, Sandy Bridge, OLED panels etc.

5. daivik

daivik Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    +1 about the Apple. But don't forget the "need" for them to be different and support thunderbolt, instead of USB 3.0 - just because it'll be slightly exclusive to them. Mhhhhhh - more money for Apple when you go and buy a Thundebolt connector from the Apple store (where you coincidentally get attracted to other Apple products which many would end up buying after a little while) :/

FOR example. My friend needed to go in the other day to the Apple store to get a case for his iPhone 4. There were 3 of us. He came out with a case and a display port to HDMI adapter...as well as my other friend.

Although all was not bad. Managed to show the other friend, how boring the iPad 2 was in comparison to an Acer tablet (that he'd been playing on an hour previously in a Currys store.) :) Yeah, that above was pretty pointless... :)

6. heavychevy

heavychevy Android Expert
    None

Jun 12, 2010
    You are sadly mistaken if that's all you got from my post. I visit this sub-forum for user/owner feedback because I too am interested in the phone. But there is a proper way of doing things, like asking for help.

If you give an Android phone 1 week to figure out, more times than not, you will be left wanting.

7. crabman

crabman Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 29, 2010
    What kind of sucks here is a part of this is the desire for big corporations to get you into their orbit and make it hard for you to leave. It isn't a secret as to why apple stuff doesnt play well with android or why a fully functional outlook sync that isnt in some way gimped cannot be had on android and on and on. Its not about us, its about what they want.

One last thought, cognition is a good rom but the kf2 roms tend to have better battery life. For that I think I would go villain.