• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I paid retail for the Incredible and got the $100 MIR

nunyabizness

Android Enthusiast
Mar 24, 2010
O-H...I-O
Just like the title says. The day after I received the Incredible, on the 29th, I did the online pre-submission, mailed the paperwork in, and got the $100 prepaid Visa in the mail today. So for anyone else who paid retail, give it a shot!

My invoice didn't say "Rebate Not Eligible" like it has sometimes in the past, so if yours does, YMMV.

So my net cost for the Inc was $174 (or $254 if you count the original cost of the Eris); I actually got $255 out of my Eris (sold it with 2.1 installed, prior to its official availability).

Define "retail."

According to this page the retail price of the phone is $529. If you paid $529 and got $100 MIB how does this come out to $174?

Did you sign a new two year agreement? If not, how did you get the phone for $300ish?

She's including how much she got for her Eris. You know...like we will be doing in a year when the 4g phones are out. :p (and for those of us in a 1 year contract...best of both worlds)

Upvote 0
Thats the kind of stuff you dont post on public forums. I do realize your trying to help people (help them cheat) but i personally would not mention if i got lucky like that.

I already have the rebate card in my hands, so I don't care, sorry. I'm not exactly sure how I'm helping anyone cheat - if "not rebate eligible" is printed on anyone's receipt/invoice, they're probably not going to get their rebate. It was not printed on mine, so I thought it was worth a shot and submitted it. It worked. End of story.

Where did you get the paper work or submission form? I was wondering if i could get it as i paid full retail.

Just search for "rebate" on Verizon's site and it'll take you to a page where you enter the UPC to see if the phone has a rebate.

Define "retail."

According to this page the retail price of the phone is $529. If you paid $529 and got $100 MIB how does this come out to $174?

Did you sign a new two year agreement? If not, how did you get the phone for $300ish?

I'm counting the $255 I got for the Eris against the cost of the Incredible, since that's the phone I was using and sold the day after I got the Inc.

$529 retail
-$100 MIR
-$255 Eris
$174 (or, like I said $254 if you add back in the original cost of the Eris)

Reactions: snork and cdodge
Upvote 0
i tried it and the website told me it was no longer available. I only had mine two weeks.

This is what it said in my email: "We have received your rebate submission for Verizon Wireless Mail-In Rebate Offer with Purchases Made Between April 1, 2010 through May 9, 2010." So May 9th < 2 weeks ago. Is it possible that you made a typo when entering the numbers? If that's the case, I don't think it will give you an error - I messed around putting random UPC's in when we were waiting for a release date for the phone (trying to see if that would give a clue :)) and I never got an error - only the same message about it no longer being available.

Upvote 0
Just submitted mine no issues! Now we will see if I do in fact get the card in a couple of weeks. If so, like you, my cost out of pocket will be pretty low considering I was able to unload my moto droid for 300.

Anyone who does get the card, I'll be expecting a PM requesting my email address so that you can send me a referral percentage via Paypal. :p JK...or am I?! LOL ;)

Upvote 0
Anyone who does get the card, I'll be expecting a PM requesting my email address so that you can send me a referral percentage via Paypal. :p JK...or am I?! LOL ;)

Well I received my $100 rebate card today. Whew!!! Whew!!! Thank you so much nunya for posting!!! Glad you're just kidding about the referral percentage I need to use the $100 to help pay for the cost of the phone...LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones