• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I plan to get this phone. Who's with me?

Yep, that's the new contract or contract renewal price if you qualify.

Depending on your upgrade status, you might skate for $50 - I'm waiting to see if this is true for me as well.

Does this mean you might upgrade from your Evo 3D?

I'm undecided. This will be my last chance to have an annual upgrade, so I'm thinking I'll take advantage of it. I suspect if I hang around this forum too much, I'll end up upgrading for sure.

Upvote 0
PS - I'm also thinking of pitching this to WifelyMon, but there's a good chance that if I go near her Shift, she'll pitch me!

Aren't wives fun! Mine isn't such a techie, but we agreed to always get new phones together (something about equality in our marriage). So we are looking forward to it.

How does this $50 credit you all have spoken of work? I'm a fan of not paying full price, after all.

Upvote 0
I'm undecided. This will be my last chance to have an annual upgrade, so I'm thinking I'll take advantage of it. I suspect if I hang around this forum too much, I'll end up upgrading for sure.

Likewise, but I'm not due for my last upgrade until August so I'm forced to wait and see. Maybe that's a good thing; I love my Photon, and maybe Motorola will wow me with its successor. Either way, I have until the end of the year to decide whether or not to use my last Gold upgrade.

Upvote 0
So far, this is my #1 choice for my final gold premiere upgrade, but...because of my great experience with the MoPho and Motorola in general, I'm still going to hold out until the it's been determined/announced if Motorola is going to release another android Superphone on Sprint. Even though Samsung has seemingly made an improvement on support with the SGS II, I'm still extremely hesitant in trusting them.

Upvote 0
Verizon definitely would've charged 300 for this phone.. they do that all the time now. Props to Sprint for keeping the 200 price point, even after all the extras they threw in on this thing.

Agreed! More like $350! But if you got the cash to spend by all means go ahead! My friend was proud to say he was paying $150 for 1 line with the Verizon!?!?!

Upvote 0
Agreed! More like $350! But if you got the cash to spend by all means go ahead! My friend was proud to say he was paying $150 for 1 line with the Verizon!?!?!

$150 for 1 line? :eek: I pay $35 more for 3 lines and only thing that's not limited is the cell to landline calls (but still enough monthly minutes to cover those). And that also includes insurance for 2/3 lines. Of course, I should mention that it's also because I get a company discount.

Upvote 0
$150 for 1 line? :eek: I pay $35 more for 3 lines and only thing that's not limited is the cell to landline calls (but still enough monthly minutes to cover those). And that also includes insurance for 2/3 lines. Of course, I should mention that it's also because I get a company discount.

Exactly my facial expression ---->:eek:! He told it's unlimited!? I ask, why not get sprint ans it's cheaper!?!?!?!? His sense kicked in and he "say's" he will switch and is tried of his iphone!

Upvote 0
Exactly my facial expression ---->:eek:! He told it's unlimited!? I ask, why not get sprint ans it's cheaper!?!?!?!? His sense kicked in and he "say's" he will switch and is tried of his iphone!

My cousin had left Sprint, but recently just came back because pricing was way cheaper than what he would've been paying for T-Mobile (w/ 2 lines).

Anyhow, getting back on topic. I like the phone a lot, but still in wait and see mode. First time in a long time that HTC wasn't automatically my #1 choice. Of course, this wouldn't have happened if the LTEvo was the successor announced last year, instead of the 3vo.

Upvote 0
My cousin had left Sprint, but recently just came back because pricing was way cheaper than what he would've been paying for T-Mobile (w/ 2 lines).

Anyhow, getting back on topic. I like the phone a lot, but still in wait and see mode. First time in a long time that HTC wasn't automatically my #1 choice. Of course, this wouldn't have happened if the LTEvo was the successor announced last year, instead of the 3vo.

I really like the phone as well! I maybe waiting on another colour from Sprint (Preferably white)! I don't care a Mohpo or a GS3 because of rooting/hacking purposes, and how ridiculous and tideous to root/hack the samung phones!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones